For Christmas, we received a voucher for an animal tour at the Serengeti resort, about 30 minutes north of our house (thanks to ryan's parents!). Last Saturday we drove up and went on our own little safari. We drove around a golf cart and attempted to feed the animals that were there (camel, zebra, deer, giraffe, ostritch, Kudu, etc.) It was so much fun (other than the fact it was 46 degrees outside and we didn't dress quite warm enough...)
Jaxson LOVED driving the golf cart. He has been enjoying the movie "Cars" lately, and has also been playing a driving nintendo-type game. So he thought this was awesome! (check out the movie at the bottom)

The first animal we met was this camel --- He was very gentle and loved the food.

While we were feeding the camel, I looked back and saw this guy. I snapped a quick picture and then went back to taking photos of Ryan and Jaxson feeding the camel. I then felt something bite my back. I literally started screaming (not out of pain, but of suprise and fear). The zebra then bit my jacket and tried to pull me out of the golf cart. I am still screaming and trying to hold on for dear life. I guess this is what they ment when they said "be careful of the zebra and ostrich." I managed to get my jacket back and shew the animal away, while I am yelling to Ryan to drive away. Traumatic .... haha. Once we got away, I was laughing histerically - I got attacked by a zebra! Never thought that would happen to me.

The ostritch ... "don't feed him from your hand" we were told. We would throw the food a ways from the cart, but he kept coming closer and closer, so I would freak out and tell Ryan to drive! I was still scared from the whole zebra incident.

Yaaaa, my favorite, the giraffe.

Jaxson didn't want to look at me long enough to take a picture- too much fun!

Giant Kudu's. Didn't want to try and feed these guys, they looked too dangerous.

The camel is the only one we could feed for most of our trip.

Happy Family

One last attempt to feed the giraffe was a success. YES! I love feeding giraffe's. I had almost the entire bag of food left, so I got to feed him for a while - awesome! Such a cute animal :)
3 comments:
Love the video! Looks like a lot of fun!
Such a funny story! Looks like so much fun
Wow, what a cool place! I can't believe that zebra--you should've told him you were already taken. ;)
Post a Comment