Here goes another long post with lots of pictures. Sorry, I just had to throw in this first photo (from the beginning of Decmember) because I forgot to add it to the previous post. Love these kids!!
Ok, now onto Christmas Vacation! Because Avery isn't 2 yet, she was able to fly for free. Even though she is free, she is SUCH a handful. Jaxson was always squirmy and never wanted to sit still when he was younger. I am pretty sure she is worse than he was. In fact, I think our whole ward likes to watch us during Sacrament meeting because our bench much look like a circus show (screaming, loud talking, kicking, biting, punching, throwing, etc.) We have actually looked around and have seen several families laughing at us.Of course Avery didn't sleep on the plane, but as soon as she hit her car seat in the truck, she was out. Not complaining, we had a 1.5 hr ride and it was nice that she was quiet :)
Christmas Eve at Ryan's house in South Carolina. One of the activities of the night was painting a wooden nativity set. We each painted a piece and wrote our names on the bottom - cute idea and it turned out great!
Can you tell they are brothers? I had another AWESOME photo of them two, but I am pretty sure I would be in big trouble if I posted it.
Christmas eve spread. YUM!! I like this Harbor Tradtion. Christmas Eve dinner is made up of finger foods, appetizers, snacks, etc so you can keep eating all night! :)
Christmas Eve, Grandma Riley (Ryan's maternal grandma) celebrated her 84th birthday! She is so awesome and we enjoying celebrating with her!
Happy Birthday Grandma!
Rhonda got us all cute matching shirts again. Jaxson is so excited about his!
Our attempt at doing the nativity with Jaxson as Joseph and Avery as Mary. I think we had 3 different cameras trying to get photos, but I never got a really great one of both kids looking.
Mommy and Mary.
This was my best one of Jaxson and Avery. I am not quite sure if Avery is kissing or biting Baby Jesus. Lets hope its the former.
Noah wanted a turn as Baby Jesus.
So did Jaxson.
Avery REALLY loved having Noah there. She is so sweet and loves babies. She kept trying to feed Noah his cereal snacks, over and over and over and over ......
Jordan and Christine planned some fun "minute to win it" type games that we all had a blast playing. Neither Ryan's nor my competitiveness came out. Where's Jaxson?!
The first game was trying to get a red Rudolph nose pom pom ball to stick on your nose while holding a string from your mouth and a dab of Vaseline on your nose. Guess who got it first try??? Oops, not competitive...
Guess who got it second?? LOL
Next game was a blindfolded marshmallow toss. Get as many in the bowl as you can in 30 seconds.
Ryan ended up winning with a desperate "throw the entire stash of marshmallows at the end idea." Well it worked, wish I thought of it!
Who can stack cups into a tower and then back into a single stack the fastest?
Balancing ornaments on a teeter totter.
Riding a donkey.
Opening up Christmas PJ's.
Batman PJ's, cape and all. Although he doesn't look happy here, he really is. As soon as he put them on, he WAS batman ... apparently this is one of batman's moves.
Santa came!
Cute tradition! Ryan's family would always line up in the hallway and snap a photo before they went to go look at the stockings/tree/gifts. It is so cute looking back on all the years of photos of them doing this.
Jaxson looking at what Santa brought him. I was so excited to watch him, but he was actually more interested in the presents under the tree...until he saw the batman mask.... Now his costume is complete.
2 of Avery's favorite stocking toys. She kept saying "wow" to the spinning lights
Showing Noah the lights.
Love this picture of her.
Foot eating shark slippers
Pink Lamby slippers
Surprise, more batman things!
Avery liked helping open presents ...
And eating candy from her stocking.
One of Avery's favorites. Pull back cars! She loves to chase them
Jaxson got a dr. kit from Guh Goh and Papa.
Cute apron for my lil' sous chef.
This little animal makes a weird giggling/jibbering sound. Avery thinks its awesome
And a cute apron for Avery too.
Stuffed giraffe and book from Uncle Jordan and Aunt Christine.
Avery is a good hugger, and is so good about making people feel loved!
Avery "cheese" face. I think I need to find some of Jaxson's cheese face pictures too - this pose looks oddly familiar.
Purse with accessories.
Avery got a super-girl cape from Guh Goh (Rhonda) to match the super-boy cape Jaxson got a couple years ago. Now they can be partners in crime.
Christmas Day Dinner.... yum yum yum.
More gifts from Papa (Ryan's paternal grandpa). More batman stuff! Now that Jaxson has 2 pairs of batman undies, he only has to wear them for 3 days each before they go in the laundry. JOKES! He does want to wear a pair everyday, but because he only has 2, he has to choose his 2 days wisely.
This is Papa
Brothers again. *Hopefully* this photo doesn't get me in trouble.
More on Christmas Day. We were so glad Erika (Ryan's sister) was able to stay and play with us the whole time we were there!
Playing in the backyard.
Love this DARLING SUPER CUTE backpack from Erika. Did I mention that I love it?!
I think this was boxing day, doing a little shopping before we headed to the "lights at the zoo."
At Ross, somehow Noah found a pink unicorn and was riding it. HAHAHA
Thanks to Christine, Jordan, and Lee for taking turns holding this crazy girl. Like her mittens? Didn't have any real mittens so I improvised (that's what a college degree is for right?!). Avery thought they were cool and kept patting peoples cheeks with them.
Lights at the zoo .... Cow
Bunny.... I love seeing how excited Avery gets where she sees animals
Erika, Jaxson, and Rhonda
In the Koala's house
I eventually just started carrying Avery around in my own little pouch. Personal little heater :)
Avery's yawn - love it.cheese
One of my favorite traditions of Ryan's family is playing bingo sometime during the Christmas break. Grandma Riley has an awesome bingo set and we won some awesome prizes this year. My favorite being a $10 gift card to panda express. Jaxson loved the flashlight and duck dynasty band-aids.
snuggle time
super toddlers!
We took Jaxson to see Frozen. I thought it was adorable. Jaxson was falling asleep by the end, but also liked the parts he was able to stay awake for.
Trying on Daddy's old motocycle (spelled the way Jaxson says it) helmet
Christmas part 2, to come later.






2 comments:
Christmas was so much fun! I love all the pictures! Keep them coming :)
Fun Christmas! You wear glasses? and Avery looks so cute in that picture! And so grown up! She can even wear bows in her hair now! And I thought Jaxson looked so cute as baby Jesus. :)
Post a Comment