Sunday, August 23, 2015

Summer Vacation, Part 1

At the end of July, just 10 days after I injured my knee, I flew to Canada with the 3 kiddos without Ryan. Crazy I know. I didn't want to cancel my vacation, and quite frankly I was starting to get really depressed at home not being able to do anything. Don't get me started on checking into my flight or the 4 hour delay because I want to forget about them - not fun! We finally landed in Canada around 11:30 and was at my house by 2:30. Kids were up at 7am ready to play ... ahhhhh! So we drove up to Waterton and started having a blast with cousins.

Avery and Addie had so much fun playing together. We found them giving each other hugs and calling the other best friend. So cute! 

These cute girls are only 1 month apart in age.
One of my best friends/college roommates Jasmine and her new hubby Fausto came to visit. It was great to catch up.
One of the traditions we had in Waterton while growing up was going out for ice cream at Big Scoop. The kids had fun eating all two bites of their ice cream before running off to play and letting it melt.
I ate all of mine though!
Another Waterton classic ... throwing rocks in the lake.
We were able to drive back home (30 mins) for my cousins wedding. Griffin was borrowing his cousins portable chair - super handy!
Jaxson took some photos of me and Grandma French. It was so nice to see her and my other relatives I haven't seen in a while!

Grandpa French & I. Thanks to Jaxson the photographer!
After the wedding we drove back up to Waterton so that Jaxson could go fishing with Uncle Justin & Zach. This is Cameron Lake - another classic place we spent many hours at growing up.
Love this cutie of mine!
And this one!
These boys didn't make it home until 11pm - which made this momma kinda worried. Jaxson had such a fun time fishing though, so thank you Justin for taking them! Jaxson caught 2 fish and was so excited to tell me about it :)

We met Jazzy for breakfast one morning because he brother's own some of the food shops in town. She makes the cinnamon rolls and scones - yum! We also had a yogurt parfait and Belgium liege waffles - so good!
I make these kind of waffles at home so it was fun to try another version of it. The mountain in the background is bears hump. I would have taken the kids up it for a hike if I wasn't crippled with my bum knee :(
One a walk to go throw rocks in the lake. Avery loves picking flowers for me and I think it's just adorable!
Walking to the lake with Guh Goh Low.



Throwing rocks. We use to do this for hours growing up.

Super strong Avery!
Super Strong Jaxson!

We stopped by Cameron Falls on the way back home. They are so gorgeous!



Avery found a friend and was trying to have a conversation.
While in Canada I had to stay true to my Canadian roots and let the kids try poutine (french fries, cheese curds, gravy). Jaxson thought it was pretty good, but preferred the plain fries as did Avery.
Griffin, however, loved the soggy gravy covered fries!
One last stop before driving to Montana. We played at my Brother/Sis in laws house while we were waiting to leave town for Echo lake. Avery and Jaxson found some awesome dress up clothes to try on.

Jaxson loved this old school cash register. I totally remember this toy!! 
Yeehaw Griffin! 


This was Avery's favorite outfit - the kitty cat. Meow!
Last photo from Canada ... This is the temple I married Ryan in. This is the temple I saw almost everyday growing up. It holds a special place in my heart, and I love the new bench put in so that photos like this can be taken. Priceless!

1 comment:

Erika said...

That bench in front of the temple is so neat! And I love Avery in all her dress up clothes.