October was a fun month for our family. It started out with Jaxson's Apex fun run at school. It was his first fundraiser and he was beyond excited to get enough pledges to win a flying chicken (haha!). I tried to be a good mommy and we got him enough pledges for that toy ... lets just say in the future I might let him pick out a toy at the store instead. I do not like asking people for money! He had a great time at the race and he ran a total of 46 laps (close to 3 miles!). That is his teacher (she is the best) and his classmates at the starting line ready to run. Cute kids!
Running!He even had enough energy after it was all over to pull some crazy stunts for the camera -I don't think he ever runs.
This month I have mastered the Peanut butter smores Pazookie. Its our favorite dessert at Bj's restaurant. My first go around wasn't the best, but think I got it about perfect now .... yuuum!
At a friends birthday party. Yes it has been in the 80's, so although most people in Texas consider that too cold, we do not. The kids had a lot of fun having the pool to themselves.
How is this kid 11 months already. He is such a ray of sunshine and happiness in our home. We love you Griffin!
Here is my kiddo comparison photo at 11 months. I still think Avery and Griffin look the most alike, but not as similar as it was before. Does that make sense?
Since Jaxson is now in full day kindergarten, I have these two sweet kiddos with me during the day. It melts my heart when they play and giggle together.
Avery's first happy face picture! Look at the upper right, there are two eyes and a mouth. Way to go artist Avery!
Ahhhh now onto mine and Ryan's trip to Florida. Ryan was invited to a management conference and was allowed to bring his spouse. Yes! I was super excited to get to go one of these trips with Ryan. The cool thing was, it was meant for spouses (aka, I wasn't left alone in the hotel room all day). On the flight to Tampa, I opened my water bottle (the kind with a straw), well let's just say I got a shower while mid flight....
Dressed up and ready to have a yummy dinner at the meet and great Wednesday night.
Thursday while the men listened to presentations, the ladies got to choose between visiting a museum or sailing. I choose the latter and it was so fun! This is a view from the boat while we were having sailing races against 6 other ships.
It was a super neat experience and I am grateful I was able to go and learn a bit about how to sail and manage the boat.
This was my sailing group - we rocked it!
My one and only fish that I actually got to the boat.
It was a gorgeous day. Like one of those days that you would burn your face if you forgot sunscreen in the hotel room (boo!).
This fish (don't remember the name) had the coolest textured head. Ryan also saw a 5 foot hammer head shark swimming next to the boat at one point - sad I didn't get to see it!
Good job Ryan!
After fishing, we drove to Lithia (just outside of Tampa) to see my good friend Camille. She lived in San Antonio a year ago. It was so great catching up with her!!
The head goblin at Gringotts bank. Escape from Gringotts was my favorite ride - so fun!
The sorting hat
About to ride Forbidden Journey in HogsmeadeI was chosen by Olivander to find a wand during his demonstration - so fun!
This wand choose me!
The Monster Book of Monsters was on display in one of the shops (from Hagrids Care of Magical creatures class)
Ahhh my favorite! I love the mandrake babies, I think they are so cut! Screeeech
We did venture outside of Harry Potter land and rode a couple other rides including Jurassic Park - We got a little more wet than we were bargaining for, but it was so fun!
Walking through the parks
Jaws!
The night bus (Prisoner of Azkaban)
The knight bus driver
Wish this would really get me to Diagon Alley
We had lunch at the Leaky Cauldron. Ryan had a banger sandwich and fries while I ate toad in a hole, Sticky toffee pudding was for dessert and we drank frozen butterbeer to top it off. It was a fun experience!Taking a quite break in the cool area of Diagon Alley next to Borgin and Burkes.
The dragon on top of Gringotts bank.
So realistic!In front of Weasleys Wizard Wheezes shop
Pointing to the shop - very fitting!
There was a shop in Diagon Alley where you could buy some of the money used from the book series (knut, sickle, galleon)The three broomsticks. I wanted to try eating there too, but since we had just eaten a few hours ago and were still full, I couldn't justify it.
Leaving Hogsmeade - what a fun day!
Hogwarts Castle
Ryan and I road this crazy roller coaster - it was fun!! I feel like the older I get, the more those rides mess with my head and make me dizzy/nauseated, which is sad because I think they are fun. Lame!
We jumped in a photo with the Grinch before heading out for the day. He wasn't too pleased when I wished him a Merry Christmas.
While we were out having fun in Florida, the kids were having a blast with Ryan's parents. Thank you again for watching the kids- they had so much fun!!
We brought the kids home some bertie boots every flavor beans ... They had some normal flavors like cherry, blueberry, banana, etc. They did make some really nasty ones though too - earthworm, dirt, grass, vomit, ear wax, and soap were among the yucky beans. They really tasted true to their name.
Playing the pick a bean game.Jaxson spitting out his bean (which I actually believe was cinnamon) He never got a bad flavored one.
I guess this is the face you make after eating an ear wax flavored one.
Thanks again for watching the kids Go Go & Papa!






No comments:
Post a Comment