March was a roller coaster of emotions. We had 3 birthdays which is always fun. We also found a great house but it didn't work out for us - that was sad. We are determined to find the house that is right for us though! We are taking each day at a time and trying to make the most of it. I was grateful I was surrounded by my favorite little peeps on my birthday. The Big 2-9! I hear this is the year I stop aging - sweet!!
Dressed up and waiting for Daddy to get off work so we could eat at Cafe rio - yum!!
I asked to get a DQ cake for my birthday. Every year growing up my Mom would make us a homemade cake and then we could also get a Dairy Queen cake. This cake did not disappoint! I am thinking we should get another one soon....
Avery & Jaxson are doing better to share a bed without as much fighting, which is nice. I am looking forward to them being in their own beds and own rooms though.
We took advantage of the snow fall recently and took the kids sledding. The loved it!! I can see many sledding trips in our future :)
Someone is ready for some sledding fun. He actually didn't love it as much as I thought he would, but maybe that's because he can't really move all bundled up like that. He did enjoy eating the snow though!
We had some visitors during the month of March. My sister, Karen, and her husband Alvin came to visit. We had a blast and really enjoyed spending time with them. Look at what a good sport Alvin was having the kids harass him like this. I am sure Ryan enjoyed the break for a few days from all of the kids climbing on him.
We walked around Red Rocks just outside of Denver.The kids had fun exploring and climbing everywhere.
Karen was a trooper walking around with us at 35 weeks pregnant.
Love this family of mine, even if Ryan and I had to carry the kids up the entire trail (which wasn't extremely long, but long enough to make our arms very tired!)
On Saturday morning we went to the Nature & Science Museum and then to our favorite Texas taco spot for lunch. It was a great day! It was great visit, come back anytime!
Astronaut Jaxson.
Future NASA employees?
Griffin liked getting up close and personal with the display cases.
Just a cute picture I snapped one morning. Griffin has been doing this thing lately where he will come sit on your lap and snuggle you if you are on the ground. I just get so tickled to see him do it to his brother and sister - melt my heart!!
See, they are doing better to get a long during the night! haha
We drove down to Colorado Springs for Ryan's birthday. We enjoyed a delicious Tucano's lunch buffet. We loved that Jaxson appreciated the food as much as we did.
Yummy Tucano's birthday lunch!
Since Ryan and Avery's birthdays are 3 days apart, I decided to make them a combined birthday cake. Vanilla bean cake, strawberry whipped cream frosting, and vanilla buttercream - yum!
Happy Birthday to our sweet and adventurous 4 year old girl!Griffin knew how to eat the cake. 2 hands straight to the mouth. He was happy about it for sure.
What is a birthday without a trip to chuck e cheese?! It's Avery's favorite place ever.
Riding the virtual game and loving life!A picture of the birthday girl on her actual birthday. We did most of her celebrations early this year.
Cookie & icecream with a pink candle to top the night off.
The day after Avery's birthday (which was like 60 degrees) we received 20" of snow. It was crazy!! This is just outside our back door.
The kids made their first snowman and loved it. The snow wouldn't really pack very well to make three distinct balls ... good thing the kids didn't know any different. Thanks for the kit Rhonda!
The next week was Easter. This is Jaxson's buddy, Boston, from church/school.
The kids had a lot of fun running around and grabbing eggs. Avery was the most successful because her age group had a bit of a head start.
Watching this little guy wobble around finding eggs was so cute! He knew what he needed to do and was on a mission to do it.
Trying to get a picture of all of the kids at the end. Griffin was too excited to look at the eggs to bother with the camera. (fyi, those are all of the empty eggs we were giving back to the store).
Me & my girl
We decided we needed to keep tradition and dye eggs at home. I never do them fancy or pretty, but the kids love it anyway.
The Easter bunny found us and like always, brought too much candy!
I mean, just look at that smile. Someone is excited about the surprises in his basket! hahaha
We are grateful for the Easter season and what is represents. We believe that our Savior, Jesus Christ, lives. He was resurrected, and because of him, we can be resurrected too! What a blessing that is!





No comments:
Post a Comment