Sunday, March 4, 2018

February 2018

Once again, another month has just flown by. We packed in a lot of fun though! Ryan and I went to a Denver Nuggets game versus the Golden State Warriors. It was great to see KD & Steph Curry play even if they did lose. 
 One week at scouts, Jaxson heard a former fireman & police man talk about their jobs - it was a neat experience and the boys really loved it too.
 This is what happens every night before bed. I took a million pictures and they were all blurry. The kids & Daddy wrestle and have fun .... usually until everyone is out of breath or someone starts cying out of pain, whichever comes first. I usually just sit back, laugh, and pray no one gets hurt too bad. But the kids love it and look forward to it at the end of each day.

We had a cold snowy day, temperatures were at 10 degrees but the kids wanted to go sledding so Ryan took them - what a good Dad! I stayed inside snuggled in a blanket.
 The kids love riding to the sledding hill like this. We just need to get a longer rope for Ryan so it is easier to pull them. Good memories!
 Ryan and I coached Jaxson's basketball team for the past 7 weeks. It was so fun to see the growth and improvement in the players! We had our last game yesterday and took 3rd in the league. Bittersweet to see it over but we will love having our Saturday's back until swim season!
 Snuggling with Griffin on the bench.
"Practicing" for the upcoming game. Griffin can't wait until it is his turn to be on the basketball team. 

 A couple of weekends ago, we headed to walk around the reservoir after church to enjoy the nice weather. 60 degrees and sunny. The next day we were back to snow and freezing temps. We will take the nice weather when we can!


 She has always been a climber...
and a daredevil. 
I am glad I checked Griffin's choice of shoes before heading to church. Wrong shoes & not matching. I just love him! 
Nothing like relaxing without a shirt on in Mommy & Daddy's bed because you refuse to go to your own. He was totally posing like this too! 
 Avery celebrated her 100 days of school this month, so we dressed her up like a 100 year old lady. She was the cutest granny around if you ask me!
 Avery's first Daddy daughter dance. She was nervous at first that other people would laugh at her (I don't think she understood that every little girl would be going with their daddy & dancing with them) but loved it after she came home. What a special time for them!
 Ryan even took her for ice cream afterwards - icing on the cake.
 Handsome Griffin before church one Saunday. We think his smile is contagious.
 This is how I found Avery's cupcake dolls. Looks like she was sharing her lip gloss with them ... brings back memories of when I used a blue pen to draw sick dots all over one of my dolls (not a good idea!).
 I love the special 1 on 1 time I get with this cutie before his nap each day. We start by doing alphabet flash cards & puzzle, the dinosaur match game, and finish with armpit tickles and nibbling ears. He loves it!! And... I am so grateful he still naps!! Avery stopped at 2 and a half and Jaxson stopped about the age Griffin is now. Crossing my fingers his nap continues a bit longer!
 Ryan was sweet and gave me a cake decorating class spot for my Christmas gift this year. I have been following this girl Courtney and love her work. So I got 2 of my good friends I grew up with - Mallory Klain & Kelsey Carlson - to join me at the class and for a 48 hour girls trip. Ryan stayed home from work and enjoyed time with the kiddos. It was a fun get away!!

Mallory & I
 We made sure to hit up some of the yummy food places in Utah!
 Courtney, the amazing cake lady. I LOVED being in the class and learning from her. Can't wait to try more cakes & lets be honest, eating them!
 Biscoff cookie cake, 2/27/2018.
 Last day with my girls, shopping & having fun.
This weekend as we were working around the house, cleaning up, etc. I look outside and find these 2 cuties burrying each other in the rocks by our playground. Not quite as soft as sand and probably dirtier, but I am so glad they get along and were having fun! 

No comments: