So I am in my 6th week of training for a half marathon in April. This is the workout sheet I have been following
http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm
I am looking for any advice about running and completing half marathons...
cramping in diaphram?
nerve pain in feet?
bathroom while running?
bordem?
these are just some of the issues I am having right now. But I am enjoying staying in shape and having a schedule I need to follow. Now I just gotta tone down my sweet tooth so all this running will actually be doing something!
Please give me any and all the advice you have about running so I can improve what I am doing. thanks!
3 years ago





4 comments:
When I was training for my half marathon, I bought special inserts for my shoes. They helped a lot because I get serious cramps in my feet. I would look into that and see if helps. They might even make specific ones for the problem you have. As far as the bordem while running goes, I always had music and I varied the same basic routes a lot. Like I would run the same route backwards or change up a few turns. When I actually ran the half marathon, my dad ran it with me and that was great!
One time I ran a half marathon, it feels like 20 years ago but it was only like...2. I highly recommend socks without cotton in them, no blisters! Goo is something I loved to help with the last few miles. Plus having really awesome music gets you pumped! Good luck!
Whenever I start cramping and I'm on a long jog, I always start timing my breathing with my steps -in for 2 steps, out for 2... for some reason it really helped me.
As far as boredom, I agree what the others said about music. However, I did get sick of music sometimes and I started listening to books on tape. Only problem with books is that I found that I ran slower when listing to a book on tape verses music.
Anwyays, that's super exciting that you're training for one... they're SO FUN! There's nothing better than the feeling after you finish the race!
YEA! I'm so excited for you! I'm ready to sign up for another myself. I'm with you on the boredom issues. That's my biggest struggle. My brain gets bored and then I start thinking, "I'm tired. I could be doing so many other things right now! This is really far enough for today..." Good, upbeat music helps me but even then I still have to change it out or re-arrange it pretty often. I also found it way easier to run outside and try to find different routes or at least run the same route in a different order or something. I'm super excited for you and to hear how your training goes!
Post a Comment