Monday, January 30, 2012

A Highlight of Jaxy Bear

So I have been kinda neglecting the blog lately, mainly because I am trying to get my etsy shop/new headbands selling (not happening too well, so if you want to be kind, I would love you forever if you had a link from your blog to my shop .... JoMazingaccessories.etsy.com)

Anyway ... I haven't been taking a lot of photos either ... oops :( I did realize though that after Jaxson turned 2, I didn't really do a good post highlighting him and all he is up to these days ... So here is our little man, at 25 months :)



** He weighs 29 lbs (65% ish) and is 35" tall (70% ish)


** He can count to 10 (with a little help from us, he often skips 3 & 7)

** He is learning the alphabet really well (either he will repeat what we say, or he will tell us which letter comes next)



**He knows the colors blue, red, yellow, orange, green, purple, pink, gold, silver, white, black, brown and can say all of them (he just started saying the "y" on yellow)

**He knows these shapes: heart, star, circle, square, triangle and is learning rectangle and diamond



**He is talking so much and is putting complete sentences together (5-6 words). I am so impressed at how well he is talking, and how well he understands almost everything we say.

**Still a climber ... he recently learned how to climb up the kitchen gate and get on the counter.... hence this photo. guess he wanted "cannies" (candies)
**His favorite food is still French Fries (dip dips) with "red sauce" (ketchup). He also requests brown cookies (oreos) and milk quite frequently. He also loves apples, cheese, cereal, blueberries, oranges, meat (hamburger or chicken), chicken nuggets, juice, and candies.

**He loves going to nursery after Sacrament Meeting on Sundays. When the final prayer is done, he yells "AMEN!" and then gets all excited to go play in nursery.

**He still LOVES basketball, but also knows baseball, soccer, football, volleyball - and knows what to do with each type of those balls (throw, kick, throw, bump).

**Still loves Mickey Mouse Club House the most, but also is developing a love for Cars - the original movie. We rented Cars 2 for him, and he couldn't take more than about 30 minutes (which I understand, he doesnt just sit and watch tv - he is so active).

**He loves going "beep beep" with the keys -- aka he pushs lock on our car key several times so that it honks the horn.

**We got him a crib tent, and now his sleeping habits are back to normal -- HOORAY!! (11-12 hours at night, and 1.5-3 hour nap). Happy Mommy!

I could go on forever, but I will stop -- Jaxson has brought so much happiness and joy into our lives, we feel so blessed that he is our son. We love him so much!!

2 comments:

Kamry Low said...

good idea about the crib tent. just seemed so early for him to be in a bed. ya for being two and growing up!

Leslie said...

He's growing up fast! Those are some mad climbing skills!