Our little girl is here -- she arrived on March 22nd, at 12:43 pm. I went to the hospital to be induced at 5am, and the doctor broke my water at 7:30. Ryan arrived around 8:30, after he dropped off Jaxson at a friend house. By around 9:30-10 ish, the contractions were starting to hurt, so I went ahead and got an epidural. Ryan and I started watching a movie, and at noon, the nurse came in and checked me and said I was ready to push. I was so shocked, I couldn't believe how fast it came. Well, my doctor was in surgury, so she didn't come for another 30 minutes. Once she got there, I pushed 4 times and our little angel (Avery Joan) was here! Labor and delivery were so much nicer this time around!! (although the after math wasn't as good ... I had to stay in L&D for another 24 hours to get my bleeding under control).
My little girl a few seconds after she was born.

Avery Jo weighed 6 lbs, 13 oz (exactly 1 pound lighter than Jaxson). The ultrasound tech thought she was going to be around 8 lbs, because she was measuring 7+ lbs a week and a half before she was born.

I love this little girl!! She has been such a wonderful baby. She nurses really well & she is sleeping well at night. I only got up once last night to feed her, because she did two 5 hour stretches). Ususally she eats every 4 hours at night, so I only have to get up twice. Either way, I am so impressed with her!

Daddy is so proud of his little girl!

In the nursery


Jaxson is very excited about his new baby sister. I love his face in this photo...

Right before going home.

Ready to go home

In the pack n' play at home.

Found her doing this ... thought it was pretty funny. Jaxson actually does the same thing when he is picking out a snack or what to wear. He puts his finger to his mouth and says "Let me see" as he taps his finger to his mouth. What a funny kid!

Jaxson sporting his Cars sunglasses Ryan's mom brought him.

Just stretching

Avery's first bath

She was hungry and not enjoying the water too much.
Well that is our little girl. We are so happy and proud to be her parents. It is amazing how much love you can have for a person instantly. We are so happy she choose our family and just love her to pieces!!
5 comments:
shes so cute. sounds like everything went really well. what a small baby! i thought jaxons was 8 lbs? guess he was a few ozs smaller than i thought.
can't wait to meet her, wish we lived closer!
So sweet! I wish my baby would be that small! Dream on...Jaxson looks so much older now! That is a cute picture with the sun glasses. And I like picturing him tapping his mouth as he picks out a snack. Ha! Goofball.
By the way, you look so beautiful in that picture with avery right after the birth! Maybe I will get an epidural! :)
Aw shes so cute! You make labor sounds so easy! lol
she's precious, Joanie! Congrats!
Post a Comment