Sunday, February 17, 2013

Catching Up February

Well hello there little neglected blog! We have been super busy this last month and a half to say the least. As you know, we moved into our new house at the beginning of January.  After unpacking everything, we started into this whole ear-infection-take-over-our-lives kinda thing.  Jaxson had a couple ear infections in a row and the different medicines helped with the pain but he still had lots of fluid behind both of them.  So we scheduled an appointment with the ENT a week later.  During that time, Avery's ear drums both ruptured and leaked fluid and blood for a few days, and I also got a bad ear infection.  I don't know if you have ever had an ear infection as an adult, but WOW they hurt so bad!!  Hope it isn't as bad for the kids.   Well mind "ruptured" within 24 hours and slowly leaked for a few days.  Needless to say, we were in and out of the Dr's office, ER, Urgent care etc. for some time.  Then, on Jan 30th, Ryan had his surgery to repair his ACL - which he completely tore off the bone playing basketball in October.  He also tore his LCL and part of his meniscus but they healed by the time he had the surgery.  Rhonda (Ryan's mom) came out the day before Ryan's surgery to help out with everything and boy did she ever help us out.  I don't know what I would have done if I was trying to do everything myself.  Jaxson also had his surgery - to get tubes in his ears - while she was here. 

So anyway, that can be my lame excuse as to why I haven't updated the blog.  Here are the photos we have taken since my last post.

Our sweet Avery girl - can't believe she is almost a year old! 
 When we got home from Canada at Christmas, Jaxson kept "packing his suitcase" (this plastic bin) of toys and he would "fly" (in his toy box) to Canada (which is the yellow room upstairs).  We thought it was pretty cute that he wanted to go back and see everyone.
 Ready to fly to Canada


 I got some cold stone ice cream gift cards for Christmas (thanks Erika and Allan!) so we go once every week or so.  I LOVE their cake batter ice cream with the cookie dough in it - yum yum.  Jaxson really wanted to get his own this time, so I let him pick a flavor.  Well he more like picked a color - Blue (his favorite) and it  was cotton candy.  He got his topping-of-choice, gummy bears, in a separate container so they didn't get hard in the ice cream.


 Jaxson playing the running game and getting some exercise on the Wii
 We also set up the pink and purple tent Avery got for Christmas from Ryan's parent's.  It has been a hit and Jaxson and her love to play in it. And maybe mommy and daddy too :)


 What a brave boy!  Ryan before going into his ACL surgery
 After the ACL sugery.  In lots of pain but with a good attitude.
It was fun having him around the house for a few days while he recovered enough to go back to work.  He was quite sleepy a lot of the time - I don't blame him!  He even fell asleep while on the laptop. 
 His leg in all of its glory
 Check out those staples.
 Guh Goh (what Jaxson calls Grandma) playing with the kids.  She brought out a big container full of Ryan's old ninja turtle action figures and they are Jaxson's new favorite thing.  He requests daily to wear a blue shirt because he is Leonardo.
 We found Jaxson like his one morning - with his other sock ripped through the toes and slide up one leg because it looks like the shield on  "Pandicon's" leg - he is one of the ninja turtle action figures
 They had fun playing lots of ninja turtles

 That's a lot of ninja turtles!
 I helped Jaxson stand them up in the carpet.
 Valentine's day/.  I insisted Jaxson wear a red shirt today because it was valentines day - he wasn't happy but finally gave in.  I tried to sit these 2 together and get a good shot of them .... ya didn't work so well.  Oh well, these are my cute Balentine's (thats how Jaxson says it)

 We made red velvet pancakes for lunch (didn't have time for breakfast, my class at the gym starts at 9:30 and getting these 2 ready and out the door is time consuming!)  Someone was sneaking some of the batter.  Can't blame him - I like my batter too.
 Avery liked it a lot too

 Ryan was sweet and brought me some two-toned pink roses - they were very pretty! He also brought me some dark chocolate and almond bark with a hint of sea salt.  I tried some as a sample at Costco - wow it was so yummy.  I am afraid to say that the first bag is almost completely gone - oops!  He also brought home a gigantic animal book for Jaxson and a cute rainbow book for Avery.
 Avery's Balentine gift to me was to show me that she figured out how to open cupboards in the kitchen.  Awesome.  I can't take my eyes off of this one.
 So after a yummy steak dinner, we had some red velvet cake with cheesecake pudding and cool whip.  Was pretty good but I wanted the pudding to soak in a bit more.
 Here is the red velvet cake culprit.  Avery woke up the next morning covered in dark red barf.  Awesome X2,  Luckily - most of it came out of everything.  Last time I try to be a fun mommy and give my gives holiday food! (jokes).
Yesterday, we decided to dip the strawberries I bought in white and semi-sweet chocolate because we didn't get to do it on Valentine's day or the day after.  Well got them done and put them in the fridge so they could set.  We all went to my basketball game --- that's right - Ryan found a friend at work that plays in a ladies league and he set me up to play with their team -- it was great to play again even if I am a bit rusty.  Well we got home late and got the kids in bed.  We were about ready to pull out the strawberry's and enjoy them ourselves, but we heard Jaxson scream out.  I went in and checked on him.  He was covered in barf, along with the mattress, his stuffed animals, blanket, and carpet.  He has thrown up another 6 times since then.  So needless to say, we didn't get much sleep.  Ryan also woke up nauseated an my body is sore (like when you have a fever).  So we are just another bunch of sickies again.  Wanna come over and take care of us?  You can have the chocolate dipped strawberries!! :) Ok Ok, maybe just send some prayers our way, that would be appreciated.   


 Let's end on a happy note.  The roses Ryan got me are blooming and they look and smell beautiful!

3 comments:

Erika said...

I hope y'all feel better soon! The flowers are gorgeous and that cake looked amazing!

Amelia said...

Sad!! I am so sorry! The flowers are beautiful! You guys have been so sick. :( no fun. I am guessing Avery is always walking now? Growing up so quick!! We miss you!

Kamry Low said...

Man i have so many thoughts i want to say about this post but i can't remember them all. I love the little sneak peaks of the house! i'm awful and haven't got pictures of my house up yet so i don't blame you. Love your kids. Avery is growin up so much! must be walking! love jaxson packing up for another visit. we'll take him anytime. so sorry it's been CRAZY busy. hopefully ryans knee is feeling better!
miss you guys!