I just got back from Canada last Friday and am finally settled, unpacked, and have a somewhat normal schedule right now. It seems like I have been traveling a lot lately! It has been very fun and so nice to see everyone, but man is it ever exhausting! Luckily, our trip to Canada this time was for a happy reason - my little sisters wedding! We had a great trip and did a lot of fun things .... I am glad everyone was kind to me and the kids, even though Avery was on the tail end of her hand, foot, and mouth disease ... yuck! So onto my normal blogging ... lots of photos, not a lot of words, and no funny commentary (not good at that, although I wish I was!)
This is at Galaxyland - at West Edmonton Mall (the biggest mall in Canada). I loved going here as a child, although it was called Fantasyland back then (I think Disney sued them and they changed the name). Avery loved playing in the ball pit with her cousins.
We took a train ride around the parkOnce again, Jaxson LOVED playing with his cousins.
There is Alvin - Karen's fiancée (at this point). He was up in Edmonton a few days before Karen because he was writing the MCAT. Nothing like initiating you into the family like dragging you around shopping malls and parks in an unfamiliar city without your fiancé there. Good thing Alvin is a good sport - happy to have him now an official part of the family :).
The kids loved the merry-go-round.
Big smiles!
A fun park near Jason and Kamry's house. Jaxson and Talia had a lot of fun playing together.
Oh how I love dirt, and sand! At least makes for a good photo.
Avery and cousin Addi.
One of my best friends from high school met us at the park. I don't think I have seen her in 3+ years! It was so nice to talk and catch up. This is her adorable daughter Isla.
So good to see you Sarah!
Starting young ... giving girls flowers.
This was a duck pond right next to Jason's house. The kids loved feeding them!
After spending a few days in Edmonton, I stayed with Amelia and her kids in Lethbridge (Justin was in Calgary for the month finishing residency). This was the coolest park shaped like a train. I just love the soft and solid floor. No loose pieces of stuff to get stuck in your shoes, and it was soft and a bit bouncy. We grabbed pizza and had a picnic at the park - so fun! Thanks Amelia!
Jaxson having fun with Kate and Kara
These things were pretty cool.
Finally, the big event. The temple ceremony was beautiful (if you want to learn more about what we believe, click here). Karen and Alvin are great for each other, and the whole day was just amazing. Karen's colors were a vintage pink, ivory, and gold. All of the grandkids (minus Penny ... not letting any of those kids hold a 2 month old!)
Jaxson insisted on sitting next to Talia, and just look at his smile with I made that happen.
Cute couple!!
Taking photos out in the sun is hard for little kids. Jax found himself some shade and a snack. Smart boy.
The kids sang "I love to see the Temple" at the family dinner.
Beautiful reception.
Sisters!
After wedding math. Avery's eating one of my favorite Canadian treats - a fudgeeo!
The Monday after the wedding, we took Alvin's family up to Waterton. Our first stop - hiking bears hump. Such a fun, short, and steep hike! I am so glad that Alvin's 3 younger siblings really liked Jaxson and carried him up and down the mountain! Jaxson called them the 3 luigi's (he is really into Mario right now).
Another one of my best friends from high school, and my college roommate - Jasmine- also met up with me as we went around Waterton. It was so nice to catch up with her too!!
Made it!
Beautiful view of the town sight.
Cameron Falls. So pretty! Cammie was also so great to help me watch both kids. Crazy to think that just a week later, this place (and the rest of southern Alberta) is crazy flooded. Send prayers their way - they need all they can get!
After bears humps, eating at Wieners of Waterton, going by the falls, we went to throw rocks in the lake.
Avery wanted to go in, just like the other kids were doing. I was shocked she stayed in so long ... this water is FREEZING!
Dad let Alvin's dad borrow his hat. I love this picture! haha :)
Of course, we needed to stop by Big Scoop to finish off the day in Waterton. Jaxson was in Heaven!
We also stopped by the cabin on the way out, and this guy came right up to the deck.
At the Prince of Walls hotel.
Back into Lethbridge one more time before leaving .... and once again at McDonalds for lunch. The kids love the play place. Remember I have a photo like this just 2 months prior of Avery and Addi in their high chairs in this same spot. Same restaurant. Same table. Same highchair (jk ... probably not .. but could be!)
Went to see Grandma and Grandpa French. Of course my kids were going nuts and didn't sit for a picture.
Back in Texas! Both kids ran to see daddy and have been playing with him every since.





2 comments:
Karen's wedding was beautiful! I love the suspenders for the kiddos. Jaxson and Avery looked adorable :) Canada is so pretty. Glad y'all had a blast!
That picture of your dad and alvins dad in their hats is awesome. :) And you got a cute one of the girls!
Post a Comment