Surprise!! I am blogging about 2 weeks early! We have had a lot more action around here the last few weeks and had taken more photos than normal. Plus, I have 2 sweet ladies/devoted fans of this blog (Ryan's mom and sister :)) who always want to see more photos.
A week or so ago, Ry and I were cleaning the floor (or something along those lines) and needed Avery to stay still for a minute. I had the brilliant idea to swaddle her. She didn't think it was too funny, but Jaxson loved it. I was actually surprised she couldn't get out of it. She is quite the Houdini as you can see in a couple of photos.
WARNING: NEXT PHOTO IS GRAPHIC AND ISN'T FOR WEAK STOMACHS.
Ryan's parents came into town last weekend to play and to watch Jaxson's primary program. Well I decided to get up quite a lot earlier than normal on Sunday to make sure we got to church on time to get good seats. Sure glad I woke up early, because when I went to go wake up Avery, she looked like this. Took her pants and diaper off. And pooped everywhere. Yucky.
Cleaned up and ready to go to church. It was Jaxson's first primary program and he did a great job!! We had a practice on Saturday at the church, where my friend snapped this video. Jaxson is the 2nd little boy who said his part. He also had another part in the program where he said "Je suis enfant de Dieu" (I am a Child of God (in French)).
After the program, we came home and had a feast ... Glazed carrots, fresh bread and honey butter, filet mignon, and roasted sweet and white potatoes AND my chocolate chip cookies for dessert. I think it was probably my favorite meal ever. The only thing that could have made it tastier was putting truffle butter on the steaks (I didn't have it yet, only ordered it at that point. But is it EVER tasty!) A big thanks to Lee for being my sous chef that weekend - he was always chopping veggies and doing dishes. Please move closer and we can make this a habit :)
The kids enjoyed some grandparent time at the park. Lee and Rhonda are so good about playing with the kids. Jaxson just loves it, and calls Rhonda his Best Friend.
Awe, best buds!
Spending more playing time with Guh Goh and Papa before we took them to the airport. It was so much fun having them here. Jaxson and Avery sat in these green bins and Guh Goh and Papa would scoot them across the floor- they loved it.
And they love each other. We are still trying to teach Avery to kiss with her tongue in her mouth! Haha
Love these next 2 photos!
Jaxson has a great imagination. He and Avery were pretending to be pirates on his pirate ship bed. ARGHHH! They both made great faces anyway!
After dropping of the grandparents, I tried to easy the heart break of this little guy (he honestly LOVES when people come visit, and has such a hard time when the leave) by doing some fun science experiments. We had 2 spoons with food coloring and baking soda and a cup of water and a cup of vinegar. Jaxson was pretty excited when he mixed the baking soda and vinegar .... a scientist in the making (its in his genes).
Avery always brings me my (worn out) knee pads and wants me to put them on her. She knows that we play volleyball once a week, so she knows exactly how to put them on. Love this photo - I hope she grows up to love volleyball and basketball as much as I do!
We just got a picnic table for the back porch, and this little girl was a GREAT helper. She was mimicking our every move - sound effects included. It was adorable. She used that screw driver to screw in many imaginary screws.
Argghh! We found this hat at hobby lobby the day after Jax and Avery were playing pirate and like Jaxson has been doing lately, he re-dressed himself mid-way through the day. BYU pirate - it works.
One of the nice things about tile is that you can pull the kids around in a blanket and they love it.
Jaxson also filled up his "fuzzy jar" (he gets to put fuzzies in his jar when he listens to mommy and daddy and does good things). Normally, he would get a date with Mommy or Daddy as his prize but I have been wanting to get the kids a kitchen for a while. Christmas would have been a good time, but because we will be in South Carolina, we thought it would be better to get it now. They love it, and are learning to be nice to each other while playing (avery loves to dump out all the food Jaxson just organized and it makes him mad. typical I am sure :))
Hello? Bye! It's amazing and cute how much kids pick up from watching adults. Avery loves this phone.
Happy October!! Please send your cold weather vibes down here ... I want to start baking up a storm and wearing sweats because it is cold! Wishful thinking ... it doesn't ever get cold here :(





3 comments:
LOVED all the pictures! Looks like y'all had a lot of fun! The kitchen play set is awesome. I love that Jax and Avery are using their imagination with the pirate ship! So cute! I can NOT wait until Christmas!
jaxson and avery remind me of talia and jace. dumping all the food is exactly what jace would do and make talia soooo frustrated! miss you and guys and your kids. so nice your inlaws can just fly there so much easier than from canada boo! well yay for them but suck for us! they seem so great! I can only imagine how surprised you were when avery pooped all over her crip. love the up dates. oh and i'm a faithful follower of your blog I just sometimes forget to comment ;)
That's a disgusting poo picture! Time to tape her diaper!! I remember when Kate did that to me...ughhhh...yuck. Anyway, Avery is really growing up! And I've put that Picnic table together before! :) jaxson's primary part was so sweet.
Post a Comment