Surprise! Another post sooner than my typical once-a-month writing. I feel like we had had a lot going on lately, and want to blog it before I get too behind.
This was a couple of Sundays ago. The kids thought it was so fun for Daddy to carry them around in a pouch like a kangaroo.
A shot from the top - I love this. The kids were laughing and having the best time.Ryan carried them around for a long time, but eventually got tired. Avery was just eating it up.
Last Thursday we drove up to Dallas (4+ hours) to go to the State Fair on Friday. We got in fairly late into our hotel, but managed to snap a quick photo of the kiddos snuggling in bed.
First thing in the morning - ready for breakfast and swimming! (and no, Avery didn't sleep on a bed, she was in a pack n' play).
She just wanted to jump in the water - gotta watch that girl, she is fast!
At first, Jaxson was acting really scared of swimming by himself. I think its because we haven't been swimming in over 2 months ... we kind of slacked off near the end of the summer. Well, he eventually warmed up and loved it.
Check out that fish!
There were these soft bouncy "rocks" that the kids had fun jumping on throughout the fair. Looks like Avery conquered this one.
We decided to go on the Ferris wheel first before the line got too lone. Love this shot of Avery and Dada.
The Ferris wheel said it was the largest in the western hemisphere (i believe)
Jaxson wanted to do these little "fun house" things were you walked through them (took about a minute) and it was about $3. Oh well, he loved it. And it was fun to watch him try and get out of this large spinning purple tube.Slide at the end of the house.
I really liked the greenhouse building. As we were walking through, this large tree went walking by...
The kids colored on tiny pumpkins
Artist in the making.
One of mine and the kids favorites ... the petting zoo. It was fun watching the kids get so excited to touch and feed the animals - Avery was in hog heaven ;)
This camel was pretty funny. He kept teasing Ryan and Avery. I have a great photo of the moment right after the camel licked/kissed Avery's head and Ryan laughing. I was not allowed permission to put it on the blog though- you will have to ask him personally to see it.
Avery just sat by the animals for a while just petting them.
This cow's horns were weird! Never seen one like that. I think he is originally from Africa.
We are good parents. Notice the sign (this animal can bite) haha ...
Ah I loved this little piggies. I would have loved to hold one.
I REALLY wanted this little cute guy to come near me and eat the food from my hand, but he mostly kept his distance.
Then we went to the dog show. Avery jumped up and down and started woofing and patting her thigh (sign language for dog) when she saw them.
Watching the show. Notice Avery's cheeks? It was still about 80 degrees outside, and it is mid October. Hope it cools down more soon!
A big Texas cowboy.
This was the funnest, Texas, red-neck game I saw. You have to use a catapult to flip a rubber chicken chicken into a rotating pot. If you win, you get a duck dynasty stuffed doll. Awesome!! haha
On the way to the car
Driving back home
Somehow on our 30 hour round trip, we found 3 different nike outlet stores. Love it!
Last Sunday, I dressed Avery cute for church and tried to get a photo of her ... she wasn't too impressed. I told Avery to smile because this is what she did. Couldn't help but laugh.
Sneak peek of Jaxson's Halloween costume. We have our ward trunk or treat on Friday and are stoked!
I made black n' white cupcakes one night this week and we took them over to a friends house. This boy has some mental disabilities and I am good friends with his mom (she plays vball with me, and she is my visiting teacher). Well this guy LOVES Ryan. It is so cute, and this boy has been talking about black n' white cupcakes for a month now. Ryan said lets make some and take them to him. We did, and he loved it. Great idea Ryan!Avery licked all the icing off her cupcake, and it her cute voice asked for
The "more" was to play with, not eat. You tricked me silly girl!
Ahhh now onto last night. I went to the Michael Buble concert with some friends. It was so fun to go out to dinner (cheesecake factory - one of my favs!!), chit chat, and watch a great singer perform.
Here is a little treat for all of you who didn't get to go. You are welcome.





1 comment:
Glad y'all had fun at the fair! And the concert looked awesome!! Lots of cute pictures :) Love it!
Post a Comment