Another few weeks have flown by, and I have found that I have a lot of pictures I need to blog about! I can't believe it is already mid-November! I love this time of year, and am getting so excited seeing all the Christmas decorations everywhere - I love it!! So here is a quick run-down on the Harbor Household these past few weeks...
Someone decided to open the stash of Halloween candy early - sometimes I can't help myself. The kids enjoyed getting candy early too. They love putting gummy lifesavers on their fingers before eating them.
This year, Jaxson was a pirate. He was saying "Arghhh!" for the picture. Cute kid, I love that face!Our sweet Avery was a little elephant. Notice how I added some cute pink bows to the top? We still had a couple people call her a boy - *shakes head* I think she is the cutest elephant I have ever seen.
Going to our ward trunk-or-treat.
Avery was playing the elephant part at the party.
Her friend Presley.
Donut eating contest!
Ryan participated in the adult donut eating contest - I actually think he got first, but because he was farthest away from the judge, they didn't see him.
Avery probably won the award for the most mini donuts eaten out of the entire ward. Everytime we looked around, she had another one in her hand. While I was taking photos of Jax and Ryan doing the contest, Avery went straight to the donut box and helped herself. We counted and she probably at 7 donuts throughout the evening.
Costume parade!
See, found another donut.
Jaxson and his friend Joshua.
I love this picture, Jax was so eager to get to each car and Avery was just following him. Jaxson just kept going around the circle, he was like "they still have more candy!"
The morning after the trunk-or-treat, I completed my half marathon I have been training for, for 3 months. Unfortunately, on Thursday night, I pulled my groin playing volleyball (didn't stretch out well enough). It really hurt to walk with each step. Friday (trunk or treat day) I went an saw an airrosti chiropractor (deep tissue stuff) and she rubbed the heck out of my leg. I really felt like it helped me run like I wanted to run on Saturday. I got the time I wanted (1:54:01) and was very grateful the pulled muscle didn't ruin my training. This photo was taken about a minute after crossing the finish line - I was still trying to calm my almost hyperventilating I was doing at the end of the race - I was so tired!!
Friends of mine who also ran. Notice I don't have a medal ... you have to pay extra when you sign up if you want one - haha
I have also been working on these babies for a year now. I love doing my "body pump" class at the gym.
Showing off some back muscles.
I am so glad Ryan and the kids showed up for me at the end of my race. I was literally about 30 seconds away from finishing, and was making the last final turn (trying to not hyperventilate!) and I see Ryan pushing the kids in the double stroller walking towards the finish line. I was so happy and it helped me finish the race strong. I (as well as my knees) have been enjoying the break from the constant running I had to do to train for the race.
Avery has been making some pretty awesome faces while eating lately. I think I gave her some of my steak (filet mignon with truffle butter to be exact). Oh so yummy!
touchdown it was so good
tastebud dance party
To top it off, she throws her headback and finishes chewing. So funny!
I made Ryan take another photo of my guns to make sure we got all the angles accounted for. At least I now have proof at one point in my life, I had decent guns.
Real Halloween Day. People in our neighborhood sit in the front yard, or on their porches and hand out candy. Ry and I both wanted to take our kids around, so we gave our candy bowl to our neighbors so they could hand it out for us.
Getting excited to go
I love how they are looking at each other and their pumpkins - they were so excited to start collecting candy.
Walking around the neighborhood
Jaxson didn't want to wear his pirate hat, so I got to wear it instead. I love this photo of me and my girl.
Even though it was about an hour and a half past bedtime, whats a Halloween night without letting the kids dig into their candy?!
Last Saturday nights adventure was Avery fell down and split her eyelid open on the rocker's ottoman. Luckily, it wasn't too deep and we were able to calm her down and put her to sleep. This was about 5 days after it happened when the cut really shrinked in size, but you can still see the pretty bruising - its like natural eye shadow! :)
My cousin Mary is serving in the San Antonio and she just got transferred really close to my house. She isn't serving in my ward, but she meets at my building every Wednesday morning for meetings and I am there playing volleyball - hopefully this week we will plan and I can take her and her comp out to dinner!A couple of days ago, I noticed Avery and I were matching - naturally, I asked Ryan to take a photo. I love it that Avery is starting to actually sit still (for a couple of mins or so) to actually cuddle with us on the couch. Before, she wouldn't sit still for more than 5 seconds.
This is what happens when Ryan has ice cream - the kids come running. What a good daddy for sharing! Now if only we could get Jaxson to share. He "shared" his hamburger with Ryan yesterday, he told Ryan "give me your hand" and then proceeded to drop a 2mm size piece of hamburger bun into Ryan's hand. I was laughing hysterically. Nice sharing bud!





1 comment:
I love you and Avery's matching outfits. Such a sweet picture! Good job on your marathon!! And all the Halloween pictures are so adorable. They sure loaded up on the candy!
Post a Comment