Sunday, December 8, 2013

November/December

I know it sounds cliche to say that "time flies" but I just can't believe how fast the months go by.  Now, sometimes each day feels like it goes by slow, but months just seem to come and go quickly to me.  I can't believe we are almost to Christmas!  We are super excited for the holidays to come!!   We have been enjoying the cooler weather that has been coming out way here in Texas - we actually have the heat on!!  I love it!  So here is what we have been up to the last month ... 

Avery has been loving this darling penguin hat my SIL Leslie made for her - its getting too small for Avery,  but she still loves wearing it and is pretty cute when she wears it. 
 About to go to the gym one morning.
 I was sitting doing some work on the computer, and Avery came to sit on my lap and wanted to take photos.  So I told her to stick out her tongue. I am impressed with how much she understands!  I bet she is talking up a storm before we know it.  She currently knows about 20 or so words, and is learning more each day.
 We had my cousin Mary over for lunch one Sunday.  She is serving a mission for our Church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) nearby.  It was so fun to catch up with her and chat.  Jaxson LOVED Mary's companion and keep asking if she would play with him. She didn't mind and said it reminded her of home because she has a brother Jaxson's age - how cool!

 Yay for Thanksgiving!! We went to a friends house and enjoyed some great food and company.  We are so grateful for family, friends, and our Savior Jesus Christ!
 I could eat this all day long.  Num num.  The host made green bean casserole from scratch (no cream of mushroom soup etc.) and it was fabulous.  Never going back to the quick and easy green bean casserole for us!
 I took several attempted at getting a cute thanksgiving photo of me with the kids, but it is so hard.  So here is the cutest one we got....
One Sunday afternoon while we are trying to orangize our lives after church, we found Avery had gotten into the paint I left on the counter... She had fun smearing it around.
 Last Sunday we had a Grinch themed night.  We ate popcorn and drank Grinch punch (lime soda + green food coloring, ice cream, and cup rims dipped in green sprinkles.) while watching How the Grinch stole Christmas.  We all loved having a fun treat and watching a Christmas show.  I LOVE this time of year!! Anything Christmas-y puts me in a good mood!
 Enjoying her snacks.
 The kiddos were snuggling on the couch one day (this lasted about 30 seconds before Avery got out and ran around).  I got the camera out and asked "How old are you?"  .... well I think my kids have a little bit of my (mild and self diagnosed) dyslexia - haha I love this.  Just kidding, I don't remember what I asked or why they were holding up the numbers they were, but it turned out pretty funny.
 On Friday night, we had some friends kids over for a "sleep over".  We actually do a babysitting swap group and it was our turn to watch the kids.  That means the next two Friday's its DATE NIGHT - WOOT WOOT.
 Yesterday Santa was driving on a (LOUD) firetruck throwing out candy - Jaxson and Avery loved it.  It was the shortest parade I have ever seen ;)  Too bad some kid in Primary today told Jaxson that the Santa on the truck (and at the store) isn't the real Santa.  How do we respond to that???
 Last night was Ryan's fancy work party.  I look forward to it every year because there is a fancy dinner and prizes.  We had a babysitter over who watched the kids and we had a great time.  Ryan got me a new dress and heels, so it made me feel extra special.


 Sitting with some friends at dinner and chatting up a storm.  It was such a fun night!

2 comments:

Erika said...

FUN! Man, that Thanksgiving feast picture made me hungry! Looked tasty. You looked gorgeous for the Christmas Party. I am glad y'all had fun! The kids are as cute as ever. See y'all in 2 weeks!!!!!!

Amelia said...

fun (and yummy!) snacks!! And cute dress. That party looks fun!