Sunday, February 23, 2014

February & Visitors

We have been having a lot of fun things happen around this place lately.  Valentine's Day was fun, we had visitors, and are having more visitors soon!  I love having things to look forward to :)  Here are some of the photos I snapped recently. 

Jaxson making a fortress out of pillows. 
Ok, so I didn't take this one (surprise!) but I wanted to document that I am actually getting back muscles - which is pretty neat in my opinion lol
Valentine's Day morning surprises!
One of my friends in the ward offered to do a quick (like 3 minute) head shot photo shoot, so we could give a picture of ourselves to our hubbies (as you can see above, I framed a photo for his office).  I have never had portraits taken of just myself (other than on my wedding day) so I was excited. Here were my favorite photos. 


On Valentine's Day waiting for my brother and Sis-in-law to fly into San Antonio.
I was excited to do a fun fancy Valentine's Day dinner.  We loved having Robbie and Cammie here to celebrate with us too.
Happy (belated) Valentine's Day Cutie!
I made stuff pork tenderloin, chocolate berry salad, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, artichoke crostini's, and creme brulee for dessert. It was one of my favorite meals ever, but it was SOOO much work to go all at the same time.
I love getting flowers on V-day, thank you Ryan!
Bright and early Saturday morning, we had our first ever stake woman's basketball game.  It was so fun having Cammie be there, even though I had to guard her.  It was great knowing we both can still ball pretty good (we just don't have the same endurance like we use to!)
Avery being silly with her strawberries one morning ...


We took Robbie and Cammie downtown to see the Alamo and River walk.  Traffic was terrible, but we finally made it.  Jaxson loved the cannons.
I think this picture is cute, except the hands on Jaxson's waist are weird.  It looks like they aren't from Robbie or Cammie .... its like someone is behind Jax that you can't see in the photo.  Maybe I am just weird?
Huge Cactus.
Love at the Alamo :)
Along the riverwalk.  Avery loved watching this duck and kept saying "kak kak kak"  - Its how she makes the duck sound.
At the riverwalk by the mall entrance.  We then left downtown SA and made a quick stop at Trader Joe's, then out to Chuy's for dinner. Glad Robbie and Cammie loved our favorite tex-mex place.  Creamy Jalapeno sauce .... nom nom nom.
We met up with my cousin who is serving a mission for our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) for lunch one day.  She had never been to chic fil a before - she was definitely a fan when she was done!
After chic-fil-a we drove down to the Rodeo that was going on.  The kids loved the petting zoo the most.  This picture of Jaxson cracks me up.
She is lucky to have a dad who can do that.  Most kids wouldn't have been able to touch the goat - lol



Another great Jaxson face.



Riding the pretend horse.


Daddy teaching Avery all about oil rigs.
Tractor ridin'

Ryan is a good sport for carrying the kids around.  I get too tired, so I always suggest bringing the stroller to push them around.  I love how this photo turned out though.

Before taking Robbie and Cammie back to the airport, we made a quick stop to get jalapeno poppers from Sonic, and some chicken from Chic-fil-a. Sad to see you guys go, but so happy you came!!  Its too bad it had to end on a slightly sour note for Jaxson.  Poor Balloon.  Ask Cammie about it ;)


1 comment:

Amelia said...

That food looks almost as good as your back muscles do! Recipe! Looks hard. But delicious. I really want to do the Riverwalk. Fun having Robbie and Cammie there!