Sunday, February 9, 2014

January 2014

This is going to be one of the shorter posts I have done in a while.  I think I took so many photos over Christmas holiday that I was a bit tired of it.  I think I maybe took 15 photos all January long, but here is what we've got...

We had the tile floors cleaned and sealed recently.  We had to move our big sectional couch out of the main room while it was done, so Jaxson was a good help to Daddy. He was so excited he could help lift this part of the couch. 
I have a new type of headband in the shop, and I was trying to get a photo of Avery modeling it.  She is quite the sassy pants and if she doesn't want to do it, she doesn't do it.
After Avery wakes up from her naps in the afternoon, we often all play dress up together, or have a tea party, play batman, etc.  Well Jaxson wanted to put on all these different articles of clothing because he said it made him have "powers."  The red tie gave him fire power, the blue one gave him ice power, the shark slippers gave him fast power, etc...

Avery joined in the fun and got some powers too.  I love these kids!
I have been loving this weather lately in Texas.  I remember the past winters here being mostly warm with only having a week or so where we had to turn on the heat.  Luckily for me, it has been somewhat cold for 1.5 months (not consecutive).  I love that I am not wearing flip flops and shorts all of December and January.  We actually woke up to "snow" one morning.  The schools were cancelled and Ryan went into work late - it was great!
I thought the grass looked awesome.  Each blade was covered in ice and was nice and crunchy to walk on. 
"Ta-Dah!"  Avery was playing with some of the Tupperware containers I have and put this cookie dough bucket on her head and yelled "Ta-Dah!"  So cute, I loved it!  I think she looks a lot like Aunt Erika (ryan's sister) when she was younger in this photo.
Super bowl Sunday.  We ate some yummy chicken wings, quiche, roasted potatoes, cookies and cream brownie, etc...  Too bad we were mostly cheering for the Bronco's (we didn't really care and were happy for the Seahawks, but felt really bad for how bad the bronco's played!)
It "snowed" again!!  I don't know if that has ever happened, at least not since we have been in Texas.  This time, the consistency was more like dipping dots.  It may have actually been like snowy-hail .... either way, it was pretty fun to see snow outside again (about 2 weeks after the first snow)



No comments: