Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Easter + Playground

It seems like Easter was so long ago to me, but I think it has only been a week and a half ago.  I guess my days have been feeling really slow lately because I have been feeling nauseated 24/7 for about 3.5 weeks now.  Hopefully its over in about another 3 weeks ;)    We did do a few fun things for Easter, including dying eggs.  We only had a few minor spills, so I would consider it a success!  Kids loved it too.  Now if I could get someone other to eat the hard boiled eggs other than myself, we would have dyed more.   
 Basically, they are works of art right?
 Proud boy

 Ah .... another exiting event in our house the week of Easter.  Avery was an hour into what I thought was her nap time, and I hear a blood curdling scream - I knew she was hurt.  I went up to her room and found her covered in blood (everywhere!!) and I tried not to panic.  After cleaning her up in the bathroom, I found out that she somehow put one of her bottom teeth through her skin.  She must have been jumping and hit it on the side of the crib.  The dr. said it was probably too little for stitches, and that we would have to sedate Avery to do a stitch, so we decided against it.

 Jaxson has been learning how to write his name - he signed a birthday card for his friend.  Cute!
 A friend from another ward hosted a big Easter Egg hunt in her backyard, and the kids were so excited to go.


 Sometime after taking this picture, and before the hunt started, Jaxson managed to sneak off and try to put some eggs in his basket.  Funny kid.  Also, these 3 kids are all within 8 months of each other.  The kid in the blue is a head taller and probably 20 lbs heavier than either of the other two.
 Avery knew what to do right away. She even found one of the prize eggs, and picked play dough as her toy.  I have yet to let her play with it.  I know, I have a problem with messes.
 Jaxson was one happy boy.  He even found a dollar in one of his eggs, and was so exited!

 Playing after the hunt.  This is Jaxson's friend, Henry.



 Jaxson proudly showing of "his first dollar ever!"  He asked if he could buy the play-set for our backyard.  Sweet kid.
 Jaxson also went to a fun birthday party that weekend - it was a painting party.  Jaxson picked out a monkey/gorilla and painted it.  I have yet to see it because it had to be baked or something for a week before they could get their masterpieces back.
 Aparently Jaxson ate 4 pieces of pizza.  This coming from the boy who recently told me he "likes all the food in the world except hot dogs and pizza."
 The Easter Bunny found our house!

 They loved the scooby-doo and hello kitty sippy cups.
 Pretty sweet breakfast.
 I like looking on Facebook and Instagram on holidays, because everyone posts cute pictures of their kids.  I still try to take my more important photos with my camera (then it takes me a week or so to upload them to the comp).  So here are our Easter Sunday photos.



 I haven't been feeling like cooking much lately.  Good think the brisket was cooking during church and I didn't have to prep much for this.  Tasted good though! That's saying something because I have been very picky about food and smells lately! ;)
 I promised Jaxson for weeks that we could make some rice crispy nests with eggs in it to celebrate Easter.  Well he didn't want to help me, and he didn't really eat much - so most of these went into the trash (minus the mini-eggs .... I would never throw those away).
 Jax came into my room one morning and asked me to take a picture of him in his green drawer with his Chewbacca foam flyer and his black teddy bear named poundy.
 This past weekend we got a play-set for the backyard.  The kids have been loving playing on it.
 The only bad thing is Avery wants us to push her all the time, and it is HOT outside.

 Funny story.  So a few days ago, Jax & Avery were outside playing, and Jaxson came inside.  After about 10 minutes, we looked in the backyard to check on Avery.  Well she had taken off her diaper and shorts (you can see them by the swings), and was running around playing.  Here she is trying to get onto the tire swing she just pushed.
 Trying to get on the tramp. This picture makes me laugh so hard!!  Cute lil' bum.
 On Saturday, it was our stake Fiesta. It was awesome.  Hot dogs, cotton candy, popcorn, lemonade, sausage, quesdillas, corn, shaved ice, etc... Kids loved running around and it was a good time.
 Jaxson even got his face painted with a batman symbol.  Can you see it?  Me neither, I guess that's what happened when a 10 yr old paints faces.
 He enjoyed his red cherry snow cone.  Can you tell?
 So this picture was taken this morning.  Jaxson had a mini melt down.  He came into my bathroom and asked if he could take his toys and books with him to Heaven.  I told him no, that we don't take those things to Heaven with his.  He wasn't too happy at that response, and had to call his Daddy to try and feel better.  So cute & funny.

1 comment:

Kamry Low said...

I just love this post! Where to start and what can I remember? I can't believe Avery bit through her lip! What thee heck? That would have been a scary sight. Jaxson is suchs social butterfly. And I just loves listening to him and talia skype. I feel like i know him better. I really wish we lived close to each other. Is that kid who's a foot taller really jaxsons age? Crazzzsy! And cute Easter pictures. I hope you feel better miss you!