Life continues to be busy and crazy for us, but nonetheless, we are (mostly) loving it! Just doing a quick update on our lives since the end of Avery's birthday (march 22).
Our good friends - Mike & Sheryl - moved away from San Antonio. I am pretty bummed about it - my kids call her Guh Goh Sheryl. She has been so good to us since we have lived in SA, and we are sad to see them go. I am so glad that we live in an age where text messaging, skype, Facebook, etc. can help us stay in touch with loved ones far away.
Avery's birthday table came in. The kids could hardly wait for Ryan to set it up, and immediately had a tea party. Ryan and I went to see Wicked!! We have been once before (before Jaxson was born) and loved it. We really enjoyed it this time. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have more leg room! I am only 5'11" and it was cramped for me. I can't imagine what it would be like to be 6'7". He was a good sport to come to the show with me though!
I love it when I find them cuddling.
This girl snuck into the pantry and started eating ...
I wasn't feeling well last week and skipped the gym, so I had a bit of extra time on my hands. I made Avery a tiara headband, pearl necklace and bracelet. She loved them for about 5 minutes, then asked me to take them off.
First time attempting Avery's hair in pig tails. I thought it looked adorable. The only thing is Avery pulls out the piggies (whether it is 2 or 1) within a couple of hours of me putting it in. Avery's other half of her present came - a slide!! The kids love it! I am trying to get over the fact that I feel her room is now overcrowd though. (OCD problems)
We are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to learn more about our church, click here. General Conference was last weekend! From the bits and pieces of talks I heard, I really enjoyed it. Its funny how hard it is to watch and concentrate on the TV when the kids are screaming and running around. I tried making a listening game for the kids. You get to take a treat out of the cup with the word written on the cup is said. Jaxson did fairly good, but still has serious ants-in-his-pants-can't-sit-still issues. Avery just cried because she wanted to eat them all NOW. Hopefully in a couple of years this game works better.
Getting ready to watch conference.
Last Tuesday, we went with Ryan up to Austin for a quick work trip. The kids loved riding on the luggage trolley.
Snuggling with Avery about 10:00. It's really hard to get the kids to go to bed early when they are in a hotel and everything is in the same room.
So one of the Texas Traditions is to take pictures once all the blubonnets (flowers) bloom. I hadn't seen very many good spots in San Antonio to take them - plus once you are done taking photos, they look all smashed (sad!). I did find a great spot in Austin though. Now if I could only get my kids to cooperate and look and smile at the same time. It is WAY harder than it sounds.
A nice man saw me taking the selfie with Jaxson photo, and took one for us.
A trip to Austin isn't complete without a trip to Ikea. Kids had fun. I was going insane ... shopping with them isn't the easiest thing to do. After ikea, we had fun visiting my friend and her kids. We met up with some other friends for dinner, and headed home that night. It was a nice trip - good to get out of the house.
Last night we drove up the road about 15 minutes and went to the splash pad. The kids loved it even though it was pretty cold.
Last but not least, Jaxson's was excited to show off his lego battle ship.. It is actually the biggest/most complicated structure I have seen him make (on his own).






1 comment:
Looks like a fun few weeks! I am glad y'all went to Austin and had a great time. You look gorgeous in that pic from Wicked! I want to see that play someday. Love y'all!
Post a Comment