Sunday, August 31, 2014

Echo Lake, Montana - August 2014

We had such a BLAST visiting family at the cabin last week.  Although the weather didn't quite cooperate all of the time, we really didn't mind because San Antonio was around 100 every day that  we were gone.  I personally loved having to put on a jacket and sweat pants :)  Jaxson and Avery LOVED playing with cousins, and we loved hanging out, playing cards, eating lots, and chatting. Wish we could go back, but its back to real life for us.  This post has LOTS of pictures with minimal writing - my normal blogging style.  Enjoy! 

Addi and Avery getting ready to go down to the dock.  The rule was you weren't allowed to go down there unless your life jacket was on. Good Girls! 
Ry and Avery on the porch.  Love how beautiful it is there!
Family Photo on the Dock
Avery loved pretending the drive the boat - she especially enjoyed honking the horn!
Kara, Zach (backwards), Jaxson, and Kate on the triple tube - so fun!
Getting warm after the ride.
This girl loved riding in the boat
EZ ski tube.  Avery is one brave girl!  She isn't even 2.5 years yet, but loved riding this tube by herself.  She even stood up and pretended to ski (which is the purpose of it). Proud of her!

FYI, there is a person in the boat holding onto the other side of the rope (different than if you are wakeboarding/skiing/tubing/etc.).
Jaxson also went for a turn but he didn't appreciate it as much as Avery did.
Taking a ride in the paddle boat.
Ryan had fun doing the water sports - he did so well skiing and air chairing.  Hopefully next time I go up to the lake, I won't be pregnant and can go wakeboarding!  I think it has been over 5 years since I have been able to do any water sports :(
Avery didn't love the colder water, but was a good sport about jumping in
Getting a good night sleep - love how she has her hands behind her neck.
Bowling with all of the cousins.  It was a fun (but stressful) time helping the kids bowl.  The may have had fun too.  I actually bowled a 145 - which is close to my high score  - guess pregnancy helps me through the ball straight?!  I didn't even gutter it once!

Jax had so much fun!  He didn't love that his cousins had higher scores than him though.  We need to work on being happy for doing your best.

Cousin photo.  I LOVE that everyone is looking and smiling - it was a miracle!
We went on a walk to throw a few rocks in the lake.


Love my hubby!
Love this girl so much!
Cheese!  Avery and Jace.

Along the walk, Jaxson picked me various wild flowers to make a bouquet - so sweet!  I think it is darling that he picks me flowers! (thanks Guh Goh Harbor for teaching him that!)
Aunt Kamry gave the kids glow sticks one night - they were in heaven!
One of the cooler days we went into Kalispell.  There is a cute park with a playground, duck pond, and walking trail.  There were so many geese that weren't shy about wanting food.  It was actually a bit scary how aggressive they were.


Me and my sweet baby girl
Love her expressions!

Jace, Talia, Jaxson, and Avery.  Cousins on a walk.
Had to stop and grab a photo by this neat knotted tree
She isn't scared - she wanted to keep climbing higher but I made her stop.
Jaxson and Talia playing on the playground.  Love how they posed for this picture - cute kids!! Wish we lived closer so we could play more often!
Family photo at the park
Tuckered them out (mind you this was after the park, costco, and lunch)
Going for a swim at 7pm while the temperature was 60 degrees. Ryan showing off his flipping skills
Avery being a brave girl.  I bribed her and told her she could have some candy if she jumped in.  Success!
Proof that I also got in the water ... brrr
Playing at another park near the cabin.
My children going down the slide

Going down the slide with Avery.  I am 26 weeks prego - it is flying by, but at the same time I am ready to be done being pregnant.
Jaxson got dunked by Daddy
On the boat.  The day before we left it warmed up to 70!  We had fun playing the on the lake and soaking in all of the fun we could. Love my kids!
Yes I did ride the tube a few times :)

Did I mention I love this sweet girl?!
Ryan showing off his skills on the air chair.  Check out the fin on the bottom - it is out of the water! Nice jump!
Avery loved being the flag girl when someone fell in the water.

We had a blast on the jet ski's - they are quick too.  I got up to 55 mph! Not with Avery of course.

Twinners! Jaxson and Jace have the same swimming suit, although Kamry and I never planned it.  I guess we both just have good taste :)
Family tube ride (minus Jax).

We pumped up the single tube for Ryan so he could really get some air.  It was fun watching him bounce around on the waves!
Hold on tight!
Hunch back Jaxson.
At the end of Ryan's single tube ride, he let Jaxson and Avery take turns with him.  Avery was the lucky lady on the tube with Ryan when we pulled into our bay.  The tube actually did a nose dive and these 2 got dumped.  Pretty funny - Avery didn't think it was as funny as I did.
Getting a quick kayak ride in before the sun sets.  These things go fast!!
Grandma French came down to the cabin to see us - it was so nice to chat!
Uncle Tim and Aunt Carol also came (with Grandma) - thanks for coming down to see me!! It was great to be able to catch up!
Pink Ladies!
The night before we left, Ryan pulled out a gift for my mom.  A full-on-no-hiding-the-CAT shirt.  It was awesome seeing them dressed the same and pulling some great faces for the camera.  Meow!
Hisssss
We had such a blast!! Thanks to Mom/Dad, Jason/Kamry, Justin/Amelia families - we love you guys and hope we can do it again soon! 

No comments: