Time to catch up blogging again. We haven't done anything majorly exciting, but here are the photos to document what we have been up to this month. Starting off with Jaxson falling asleep mid-day after insisting he isn't tired. He stopped taking naps a little after 3 years old, but occasionally hes still falls asleep during the day. It's probably because he gets up too early and stays up too late. We put him in his room between 7:30-8pm, but he stays up and plays in his room - his most recent quote is "now let the inventor by night do it right." Funny kid.
Both kids snuggling with me for a while. Usually they are both all over Ryan, so it was nice to have them snuggling with me for a change :)Ah good ol' July 11 - Chic Fil A appreciation day, and boy do we appreciate our favorite fast food chain. We dressed in our best cow attire, homemade masks and all, to get free food. Yum!
It was also free slurpee day on 7/11
We topped off that day with a trip to the splash park. As far as I know, this is the only splash park (not at Sea World/Six Flags) in the San Antonio area (so lame!). The kids have fun at it though :)
There is also a neat playground next to the splash park. Avery found the perpetual spinning thing and kept going in circles - hilarious to watch her walk afterwards! (does that make me a bad mom??)
snuggling, napping, and watching bubble guppies (Avery's favorite)
Getting ready for church.
Me and my sweet buddy before church
Avery wanted a photo too. Look how long her hair is getting!! It is growing longer in the back right now, so it is kind of mullet-ish .... but we will take it for now! I usually put her hair in a ponytail and it looks adorable, but she pulls it out after a couple of hours - and then it looks terrible (see next photo). Any advice getting the little girls to leave bows/elastics in their hair?!
A friend mentioned that she got a neat magnet set from amazon - so I snagged one for the kids - they love it! I like seeing Jaxson's creativity show as he makes "creations." I even overheard Avery say to Jaxson (nice creation Jaxson!)
Proud artist
Fell asleep in mommy's bed
Jaxson played too hard one day on our lunch date . RRRIIIIPPPP!Today, we drove to New Branfuels to the Children's Museum. The kids were super excited to play!
Love that Avery was looking and smiling!
Avery filled her grocery cart to the brim ... I think its an inherited trait (right Guh Goh Low?!)
Jaxson spent most of his time building an obstacle course outside.
The finished project (he had help from friends btw)
Giddy-up!
Before we left, Jaxson and Avery discovered the Space section. Jaxson loved putting on the suit and walking through "space." It was actually a pretty cool darkened room with small lights everywhere. Fun day for all of us!





3 comments:
That magnet set looks awesome, I may have to snag one too! Looks like such a fun month! The ripped pants in HILARIOUS!
So fun!! And 1 splash park in your area?! I mean we have zero, but you live in Texas?!! I want to know what that magnet set is? Looks fun and so smart to use pans! Avery's hair is really coming in! Excited to see you guys soon!!
I absolutely loved Avery's cow costume, so cute! That was a fun day. We haven't yet made it out to the McKenna but now we have to, it looks awesome.
Post a Comment