Sunday, March 29, 2015

March 2015

March is always such a fun month for us because we get to celebrate 3 birthdays.  We ate a lot of good food, had some fun parties, and enjoyed the warmer weather and sunshine.  It is sad to see March go, but we are looking forward to general conference and Easter next weekend.

Avery is loving preschool. It is so fun to see her light up as she tells me about the fun crafts she does- like this pink flower hat and pink flower pot :)
 Griffin often chills with me while I do my hair and makeup.  Love looking at his happy smiling face.
 He smiles most of the day, unless I try to make him do tummy time.  He is not a fan!
 Going out to eat for my birthday lunch. I love hamburgers so we did the kid friendly - Red Robin!
 Eating a little coldstone for dessert.

 I loved Griffin's hand pose while he slept this night - so precious!
 I made myself a yummy birthday breakfast - belgium leige waffles, vanilla bean whipped cream, strawberries, and caramel syrup.  Let's face it, it was basically dessert.
 This Griffin(dor) is ready for church.  Do you get it ??
 We have an awesome SIL who make these incredible Harry Potter wands for the kids.  They love them and carry them around everywhere.  Jaxson has been known to cast random spells at strangers.
 Sunday morning photos
 Love it when the camera catches a silly face!
 Brothers - cute!!
 What is this you ask?  The kids were being quiet upstairs one day (our house is really open, so I know they were trying to be super quiet!) so I went to investigate. Apparently they had been pouring large buckets of water down the slide into their "fluffy pile" (its a pile of blankets and pillows).  They wanted to go water sliding. They soaked all the blankets and the carpet ... We are glad we were able to dry a lot of the carpet with towels (only took about an hour -grrrr!) and then put a fan on it.  Lucky for the kids it didn't go through the floor and drip through the ceiling on the lower level.
 Hard to tell from photos, but it was soaked.
 Trail of water
 About half of the soaking wet blankets and towels. As annoying as the whole situation was, it was actually kind of funny.  I like water sliding too, so I guess I can't get too mad. In Ryan's words "great idea, poor execution."
 I love it when this little guy falls asleep and lays on my chest. I am beyond grateful to be a Mommy!
 Ahhh can you tell I love how sweet he looks while sleeping?
 One cloudy day this month (about 60 degrees), my sweet husband of mine decided he would take his buddy, Zach, swimming. Zach is the son of one of my good friends from the ward, and Zach loves Ryan!  Zach has been asking to go swimming for a while now but because it had pretty cold outside, no one wanted to take him.  Ryan stepped to the plate and went swimming with him for a good 30 minutes.  What a saint!
 Zach's mom said that his was "Zach's pure happiness smile."
 We also celebrated St.Patrick's Day with the Green Amigo's.
 Melt my heart!!
 Hitting up some half price shakes at Sonic for St.Patty's Day.
 He is a great sleeper - he can sleep anywhere!
 I picked Jaxson up from preschool this week and he had a quarter size hole in his shirt.  He told me he "accidentally cut it."  Yah right buddy!  Well, he made the hole bigger while playing, so I had to document it.
 Happy 3rd Birthday to Avery!!! (I feed bad we didn't take any photos for Ryan's bday 3 days earlier!  He was out of town until 9:30pm, so we didn't get to do much to celebrate).
 Opening presents from Guh Goh and Papa.
 Thanks for the gifts!!
 Jaxson got some fun mustache stickers in the package from Guh Goh - so he was sticking them where ever he could.  Griffin was a good sport.
 Bacon, cinnamon bun (with sprinkles!), sausage, mango juice, and gogert.  All of her favorite things!
We gave Avery the pinkest bike we could find.  
 Can you tell she loved it!
 Birthday girl!
 Vanilla bean cupcakes for dessert!  Happy birthday cutie pie!
 She only licked the frosting off - silly girl!

 This little man just turned 4 months old!  He was all smiles and being cute for his photos.  Love that he is a part of our family!!
 Snuggling with Daddy while watching duck tales.
I have been enjoying making these kid comparisons for each month.  Here is the 4 month photo.  Do you still think Griffin looks most like Avery?  I do!  

1 comment:

Kamry Low said...

I love "great idea, poor execution" So something my kids would do and did do to the basement... but no slide. so just poor idea! what a busy march, we're going to get jace a bike, we're just a year later than you. Bad parents! haha love seeing all the photos, and yes griffin looks more like avery. very similar