Our last stop on our vacation was Utah. We went to the Aspen Grove Family Camp. All 37 of the members of the Low side of the family were there for at least some of the time. It was a fun place to hang out with all of the cousins and it is fun looking through these photos because of the memories they bring.
Griffin helping me unpack when we arrive.
We had family photos taken since we were all of us were able to attend. I haven't seen the official photos yet, but I tried to snap a couple of photos of the ciaos while the grandkid photo was being taken.Me & my littles
Family photos in our reunion shirts
These two had a great time being in the same group!
Avery loved climbing on these statues found around camp.
This was the standard procedure before meals. Wash and dry your hands at the large outside sink. Good idea, I need one of these at my house!Each day the kids met with their groups (other kids their age) and would do fun activities such as swimming, arts & crafts, rock climbing, hiking, etc. Kate caught this gigantic caterpillar before heading off to groups. Cool and ew! Where is Timon and Pumbaa when you need them?
Rock climbing
I think he might be scared of heights. This is about as far as he went before insisting to be let down.
While the kids go to groups, the adults get to play. Laser tag at its finest.
The other team (who actually beat us). Dang Alvin and his snipping skills!
Hobbling around the course wasn't my strong suit, but I had fun doing it.
Alvin racking up points snipping me while I tried to move to a safe spot.
I wasn't the best at the laser tag, but I did do good enough to get an award for my air soft gun shooting!
We had a blast at pioneer night. There were games for the kids and adults, a train ride, snow cones, etc. So fun!!Can you tell Avery is loving this?
Balloon popping with a knife. Not a dart ... a knife. It was fun, but also made me worried with the little kids around!
Sack Races ... that would have been fun to do if my knee was better
Choo chooAvery meeting the chief and learning about her spirit animal (lion I think?) before getting her feather.
Oh these two ... so cute. Griffin & Everett. 2 months apart.
Panning for gold. Jaxson still has his gold and other colorful rocks in a special place in his room.
He was so excited to find some gold, I love it!
A big thanks to these helpers (Alvin, Mom, Karen) for helping me keep track of my kiddo's during the night. Ryan had to work back in Texas so wasn't there to help chase the kids.
Heading back to the room for bed after a fun night full of snow cones, feathers, shooting guns, getting sheriff badges, making necklaces, getting candy, and peeing her pants.
Swimming at the pool. I took Griffin out of his group a couple of times to go swimming because his group just sat in a room and played with toys and then took naps. It was not as much for babies as it was for big kids.
Jaxson and Claire (and Talia) all were in the same group and loved it. I am so glad they had that cousin time together!
Griffin playing with Uncle Richard & the triplets.
Enjoying soft grass. We don't have that here in Texas.Avery & Addi playing at the playground. This park was pretty fun - the kids loved it!
They loved playing in this little house! What little girl wouldn't?!
Griffin swinging with the triplets.
Just had to document this little guys "fangs" Now that his other top teeth have come in, we realize these are actually his 2nd teeth, but they definitely looked like his fangs for a while.
This is where the kids slept at night. Bunk beds. By the end of the night they were both so tired they zonked out.
I dropped by Avery's class while she was swimming. I found her and her cousins jumping into the pool - so cute to watch!
Reading to head to groups one day. This photo is just adorable! Avery loved every second she got to play with her cousins.
I didn't tell them to do this - how sweet!
The final night was an awards and family dance night. Griffin was attacking Papa's face during the program. Each kids group did a song/number in front of everyone - loved it! They also handed out awards from the various competitions that went on throughout the week (basketball, volleyball, tennis, ping pong, badminton, etc...)
Family dance! Avery eventually asked to go to bed.
These cuties just melt my heart!
Awe!
Leaving aspen grove. It was a great week!!
We had a day to play in Provo before flying back to Texas. We stopped at bakery I had been wanting to try - yum!
We also played at the park with one of my best friends who lives in Utah. Kelsey and I lived about 30 steps from each other growing up. I am glad that even though we live far away, we can just pick up where we left off every time we see each other.
Kelsey's little guy Brigham loved Griffin.
Playing in more soft grass - fun!
We stayed at my sister's house for the night, and I decided to try on my wedding dress before heading to the airport. I am happy to report that it still it except in the bust area, and that is only because I am still nursing Griffin. Give me a couple months until he is weaned and I am sure that it won't be difficult to zip up anymore.Avery LOVED being a princess and she wanted to wear this slip all day. She was quite upset when Aunt Karen made her take it off so we could go to the airport.
It was a fun 2.5 weeks of craziness - I am so grateful I was able to still go despite my knee injury. A big thanks to all of my family who helped me out when I was unable to accomplish everything on my own. Love you all!





No comments:
Post a Comment