Wednesday, September 6, 2017

August 2017

Well I feel like we are in our groove - kids are in school and we are in control of life most days. We are enjoying the slightly cooler temps and are looking forward to the autumn season! My favorite!

We finally got Jaxson's swim team picture from June ... just a couple of months late.
Avery has officially started kindergarten and is loving it. She goes full day 2x a week and then a half day on Friday.
 First school day drop off for Avery. She said she was 10% nervous and 1,000,000% excited. This girl is going places!
Griffin has been sad several mornings when we drop off his siblings, so he takes his backpack to the gym - he loves it! 
 Riding bikes in the front yard.
 This past month we upgraded our fireplace area - love how it turned out.
The kids also started soccer through i9 sports and have enjoyed it thus far. I just thought Avery looked so cute in her soccer attire - here is to hoping she learns more coordination! 
 Waiting on the sideline for Avery to finish her game.

Avery's school classmate had a birthday party at lolipop park and the kids loved it. I have a feeling we will be back once it is snowy outside! 

 Carnival rides indoors = kiddo heaven!
Ryan & I snuck away for a Friday lunch anniversary date. We hit up Perry's for their yummy pork chops and their amazing rocky road bread pudding. 
Ryan says this pudding is my true love... 
 On the weekends when Ryan and I work outside, this is the kind of stuff that happens inside - not cool!!
On Sunday morning this month, we enjoyed voulenteering to feed people at the Ronald McDonald house downtown. It was a great experience for our family and we look forward to doing it again soon.
 The kids loved the chipmunks in the RM house.
 I had the privilage of attending jury duty this month --- 3+ hours of waiting in a room and then finally being excused. I guess it could have been worse?
 Girls night out celebrating my good friend Maria who is having a baby as I type this!!
 Kiddos had their school funraiser/fun run at school. Jax & Avery each ran 2 miles and I bet Griffin was not that far behind - proud of those kiddos! Here's to a life of exercise and heath!!

 1 necklace per 1 mile completed.
 Jaxson did great in his fun run
 Griffin loved running for the 2nd time that day. Cheesing it up.

 Enjoying one of the last days of swimming at the pool - can't believe it is closed until next year! This cutie wanted 4 dry towels wrapped around him & a bag of goldish - he was loving it!
 We were pleasently suprised at how well our garden grew this year. We have gotten zucchini, squash, green onions, carrots, cucumber, and baby pumpkins. I like this shopping in the backyard thing!
Last but not least ... the local grocery store finally got their 1 cent horsey ride working again (its been broken for probably 6+ months) so these kids were pretty stoked about it!

No comments: