The 15 hour drive to Canada was long but we made it! With new Dvd's and lots of snacks and treats, we rolled into Cardston in time for Sunday dinner. Within an hour we had cousins to play with. I just love that the entire week was filled with fun cousin time. I believe there are 27 grandkids 11 and under on the Low side so there is always someone to play with.
The Cardston pool has had a great makeover since I grew up and the kids had a lot of fun going there a couple of times while we were in town.
Kamry was a good sport and let all the cousins ride her through the whirl pool - it was hilarious to watch.
It was also great running into one of my good friends, Sarah Cahoon. So fun to catch up!
The kiddos loved playing at the Low cousins house ... and it is even better when popsicles are involved.
Popsicles again!
Unfortunately my cousin passed away from a brain tumor, but we were able to celebrate his life surrounded by family. It was a nice but hard day. These cute girls enjoyed sitting by each other at the family dinner.
These goofy boys were cute making faces for the camera! Wish we had more time before they left for a family reunion in Utah but it was fun to see them when we did!
Cousins ... frienamies. Same thing when you are a 3 year old. It was fun to watch these guys interact with each other.
Griffin is still obsessed with babies and constantly wanted to hold "baby" Charlie.With our last minute change of plans to stay in Cardston for the week, we signed up Jaxson for the last half of cougar basketball camp. I remember those good old days!
We went up to Waterton on Friday and enjoyed some time at pass creek playing in the water. Me & my Dad.
These girls loved doing "face painting" by rubbing red rocks together and adding water to make a paint that then was added to their faces so they looked like kittens. Such good imaginations!
Playing at pass creek with the cousins.
Throwing rocks in waterton lake.
That night the {younger} girl cousins went to Aunt Julie's house for a sleep over.
The boys all went to my Mom's house for a sleep over. Older girl cousins stayed at the J&A Low house.
Saturday afternoon we went into Lethbridge to visit Grandma French on the farm. The kids all loved feeding the horses.
Grandma with all of her great grandbabies that day.
Love you Grandma!
Mom showed us her room and the grad dress she sewed for herself while growing up. It was fun trying it on and posing for a picture with Mom. It was a beautiful dress and my mom is an amazing seemstress!
We enjoyed a stroll around the temple before heading down to Echol that evening. Love this temple and how it remind me of Ryan and my wedding.
Sunday best with cousin Jace.
One last picture with Grandma before she left to Alabama to help aunt Karen with a brand new baby.
We made a pit stop in glacier to walk "The trail of the cedars" on the way to the cabin.
Glad these cuties are always up for adventures with their Momma.
Avery loved the kayak and did so great zipping along the lake.
I was proud of my kids (especially Griffin) for jumping in the water and swimming even though it isn't as warm as a swimming pool.
The kids loved the new paddle boat at the cabin.
Griffin was my kayaking buddy.
Avery tried once to ski but didn't get up, so she opted for the easy ski and rocked it.
These girls loved their tube rides.
The kids loved doing crafts. I think the favorite was fruit loop and licorice necklaces. That was my favorite growing up too!
Rainbow scratch animal masks was a hit too.
I loved seeing this view every day. The kids loved playing by the water and making up all sorts of games ... I think the favorite was the fish hotel.
Each year I try to prove to myself I can still do {hard} things I use to do while I was younger. Slalom skiing was one of them. Felt great to be out on the water.I do look forward to wakeboarding each year. I have realized I am older and more fragile so my jumps seem to get smaller each year but thats ok. Better healthy than sorry.
Grandpa surprised the grandkids with rainbow sherbert ice cream. He was one popular man!
Jaxson and I had an epic jet ski ride where we were laughing the whole time. The jet ski was probably out of the water as much as it was in the water. Great waves and we didn't fall off!
Griffin called this the "Team Harbor" tube ride.
Griffin easy skiied too and did a great job!
Avery catching some air with Jaxson and Claire. Too bad I missed the gigantic wave that launched and flipped the tub. Avery was not impressed with the cold water she unvoluntarily got thrown into.
The night before we came back home, Dad and I took the kids bowling and had a great time. It was an amazing trip, loved all the family time, and can't wait to go back next year!





No comments:
Post a Comment