Each month when I get around to doing my blog post, I love looking at the adventures we had the previous month - I am grateful we live in a day where we can capture glimpses of these memories so we can remember them forever. August was a fun month! Love this family of mine and am so grateful that I am alive and healthy so I can enjoy each day with them.
Ryan and I went on a date to a steakhouse and then to do sealings at the temple. Loved this special time with him.
We have a Denver childrens museum pass so I tried to take the kids a few more times before school started up again. Griffins favorite area is the ball center.Avery & Jaxson both love the recycling/crafting area. They get to play with hammers, nails, screws, saws, etc ... basically everything we don't let them use at home.
I think the bubble area is super neat (and messy). I love the geuine curiosity on Griffin's face.
Some days I make my kids do something other than electronics ... build that imagination! Then learn to clean up after yourselves, please!!
We hit up the pool several more times before it closed on labor day. This boy snuck the oreos out of my bag and hid in the park area so he could eat them without me noticing .... what a funny kid. I would probably do the same thing if I were him.
Burying Griffin in the grass clippings. Can't wait to do this again in the fall!
We hit up spider monkey several times before our month pass expired. Its a fun trampoline park with extra ninja warrior obstacles and foam pits.Jordan (Ryan's younger brother) and Christine's family came and stayed with us for about a week. Griffin loves babies so he couldn't resist his 1 year old cousin Callie.
The boys went to the Bronco's game. Uncle J was excited the vikings left with a Win.
Christine & I took the kids to the happiest place on earth ... target.
Avery and Jaxson started school on August 13. First day in full day school - bittersweet for our Avery Jo.
Third grade for Mr. Jaxson.
Jaxson lost his 2 front teeth within a week of school starting. Nice smile buddy!
Dropping these cuties off at school.
Love this girl of mine!
Throughout the remainder of the week, we went to the nature museum, torchys, denver biscuit, and the resevoir. Always fun to have cousins come see us! Griffin & Camden with the dino at the musem.
Like the good parents we are, we took the kids out of school their first friday and snuck down to Great Wolf Lodge. We all had a blast and enjoyed sliding for 12 hours between 2 days. Some of us enjoyed it more than others.
Guh Goh stopped by for just for a night. Kid Heaven! She was driving across the country from Idaho to South Carolina helping Jordan's family move back for a new job.
12th year anniversary date with my best friend. Cheesecake factory and cupcakes - yes please!
We stopped by a new archade that opened up across from Ryan's work on a Saturday morning. The games were all new and cool - we all had a blast.
You never know what you will get walking around downtown Denver. Dinasaur bones trying to eat Jaxson this particular time.
This girl loves to find bugs and little crawling things. She is holding 2 small slugs she found and is pretty proud of it!
I was able to sneak away for a quick 48 hour trip to see one of my dearest friends. It as so good to reminisce about our growing up years and laugh about funny memories. It was so good for both of us to have that time to catch up. Love ya Mal!





No comments:
Post a Comment