We had our little miracle, Colson Rhett Harbor, April 7th at 10:36am. I had a complete placeta previa as well as placenta increta so we had to do a vertical C-section hysterectomy. It was a scary surgery but I only lost a liter of blood and didn't need a transfusion. It went about as well as it possibly could and we are so grateful for that. I know all the prayers and fasting said and done on my behalf were heard by our Heavenly Father!!
Colson weighed 5 lb 7 oz and was put on a CPAP breathing machine the first 4 days of his life.I got to meet him and hold him for the first time at 9pm the day he was born.
Sweet baby!
Lots of snuggles like this while in the NICU.
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic we are currently in, we always had to have a mask on in the hospital.
The kids had fun spelling his name out of crackers while they patiently waited 3 weeks to meet their brother.
Finally we got to go home! He made progress slow and steady breathing and eating better. I am so grateful for all the nurses and doctors who looked after Colson while he was in the hospital. It was hard each day leaving him but I knew he was in great hands. It was nice for me to have a few weeks at home to start my own recovery from the surgery and get my feet under me before he came home. Now that he is home, we are all smitten and just love having him around. He is perfect!
Strong Daddy!
These siblings were so excited to finally meet their brother and couldn't believe how tiny he actually was!
Griffin has been asking for a baby for 2 years now. He would say things like "Can we keep your baby" and "I love your baby" to my friends who had newborns. It was so sweet seeing how excited he was to finally have a baby of his own.
Colson filled his pants as soon as Jaxson started holding him - it will always been a funny and cute memory for all of us. I think it definitely surprised Jaxson!
Colson finally got to see his Mommy without her mask on!!
It's crazy how small and sweet his limbs and feet are.
First bath at home. He wasn't a fan but was ok once he was all warm in his towel.
Our current favorite picture of Colson.
One of his favorite spots to be in is on our shoulders.
Avery is a great big sister! Colson loves to stare at her when she is holding him, it melts my heart!
Quick peek of Colson without his oxygen tube in! He has about one week left and he is good to come off it (hopefully)!
Jaxson has been a great helper and is awesome at holding his brother when I need a few minutes to do some things around the house. Love how much these boys love each other!





No comments:
Post a Comment