Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fabulous Friday & Football

"Hoooooooook em' Horns!" Ryan and I went to the Texas/University of Central Florida game yesterday. It was a beautiful day --- about 75 degrees outside. We enjoying a little geology school tail gating before the game. They fed us some delicous breakfast tacos and fresh fruit. The game was good. Our team always seems to take a little while to get into it before they start playing for reals. We ended up smashing them (42-3 i think). Looks like Texas has a pretty good chance at going to the National Championships!!

Ryan was trying to palm my tummy. HA! it is getting too big for him though ... just wait till I am 38 weeks pregnant -- he won't even be close!

Baby Harbor is already a huge sports fan. He likes to attend the football games with me (and soon to be basketball games) .... We are just trying to train him while he is young so when he is playing in the NFL or NBA, he can support his parents :)

Not so good thing about the football game. We got pretty sunburnt! I guess because it wasn't scoarching hot outside, we didn't even really think that this would happen. Although, I did ask Ryan before we left the house, "Do you think we need sunscreen?" He replied No. Well, in his defense, we weren't planning on staying the whole game, but when some friends of ours showed up, we ended up staying the full 4 hours or so.

This picture is definitly in a different lighting, but I am just as burnt as Ryan. It is funny because the burn is mostly on the left sides of our faces because that was the direction the sun was hitting us. When I woke up this morning, I thought it was Christmas because Rudolf the red-nose reindeer was looking back at me in the mirror. I wasn't too upset because I love the Christmas season, and anything that helps me think of that time of the year makes me HAPPY!

Speaking of Christmas, there are only 47 days left!!! These are some countdown blocks I made at the Fabulous Friday activity the Relief Society just had. I have always loved doing crafts, and this was awesome. I had another scrapbooking project to do, but of course I didn't have enough time to work on it. Hope I can find time before the baby comes! I am also sad that the Relief Soceity program is moving away from the "enrichment & homemaking" activies .... those are my favorite! At least I got to attend the last one and make this cute craft. I will just have to do my own fabulous fridays and super saturdays at my house to keep my creative juices flowing.

At the fabulous friday, there was a holiday baking/cooking demo. They had a bunch of fondu pots with frosting, trays of partially frozen cake balls, and sprinkles/decorations. I had fun making these cute little sucker/lolipops. I chose to make a snowman and a Christmas tree. The best part about these treats are they are delicious! The cake inside was so moist --- yum yum! Unfortuantly, I only made 2 and I just ate the last one :(




2 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Glad you guys have some good tailgating too :) Unfortunately, our morning tailgates aren't as good as yours. You get burritos and fruit, we get doughnuts and beer!
And, your Christmas blocks are SO cute, what a good idea :)

Julie said...

Fun! Your blocks did turn out great. It thought that they were only going away from the names of Enrichment, etc. My impression was that they would still have the meetings, but that they would all be called Relief Society meetings. We'll see I guess. You're looking cute!