Sunday, June 6, 2010

Rice Cereal

To celebrate Jaxson's 5 month birthday, we let him try real food! well, I don't know how real rice cereal is, but we let him have it anyway. We had been noticing a lot latley that he really wanted to eat what we were eating, so we finally let him eat. He actually seemed to like it I think. That is, he didn't make a weird face and spit it out or anything. We have been feeding it to him once a day for a week. Rice cereal seems really boring, so I think I want to start him on something else soon. I was thinking sweet potatoes, carrots, or peas. Any suggestions?

I thought it was funny how he was trying to lick the try where the cereal had spilled.
messy boy!
He loves to chew on everything.

I love this photo because I think his cheeks are so adorable.

The video of his very first taste of food. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Glenn Makechnie said...

Applesauce. Banana (pure).

Julie said...

Yay! He does look like a pro. Way too much of it actually got in his mouth :)

janica said...

wow, good job jaxson! I skipped rice cereal after the first two tries. I started out with peas (didnt really like) then green beans he LOVES and carrots the other day and likes those too! I heard you should start with the more bland veges and then fruits later so they dont develop a "sweet tooth" but then again all babies are different and it may not bother them.

Amelia said...

So many new posts!! YAY! Cute hair and cute pictures! Jaxson is an AWESOME eater for a first timer! Woo hoo! Way to go boy! He loves that spoon. too cute. I can't wait to see you guys in just a few short weeks and get these cousins acquainted! It will be fun!! Love and miss you and SEE YOU SOON!!