Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthdays & Food

This past week has been awesome! If you know me, you know I love food ... like I am obsessed with food (yep, its a baaaad habit). Well, it was also my birthday on Tuesday so we thought we should celebrate! I also signed up for a lot restaurant eclubs online so I got about 30 free or bogo coupons to eat around Austin ... Perfect! So we made good use of the coupons and we enjoyed a lot of good food this past week.

This was at a place called "Mama Fu's Asian House." We have never been there before and we really enjoyed the food (so I guess their advertising by giving us a bogo coupon for my birthday paid off b/c we will probably go back). Just don't ask Ryan about when Jaxson spilled his entire glass of ice cold water on the table ... they are both still trying to recover from that.
On Thursday, some of the ladies from my ward did a "Ladies night out" (we do it once a month). This month we went to the cheesecake factore (one of my favs!) to celebrate mine and Heidi's birthday. It was a fun night of good food and girly chatting. This is the "caramel chicken" and it is suuuuper good (nope there isn't caramel in it, so I am not sure why its called that....)
The group
On Tuesday (my b-day) some of the girls and I went to Red Robin for lunch. We love the place b/c its really low key, good food, and kids eat free!
Jaxy and his birthday mommy
For dinner that night, we left Jaxson at a friends house (first time we had ever left him with someone who isn't family!) and we went to Benihana's (Japanese hibachi grill) .... YUM! I had the filet mignon, which is my favorite steak. The chef was entertaining and it was fun to watch him chop and cook everything at lightning speed. Ryan and I had a fun date, thanks hunny!
Jaxson loved the birthday balloon my friend gave to me. I am super impressed ... it has been 6 days and it is still floating on the ceiling!This is our little righteous boy. He is obsessed with Jesus and this D&C kids book. He will find it wherever we hid it, and he will open it and read it or bring it to us and then sit on our laps so we can read it to him.

No comments: