We've had a busy (but very fun!) past couple of weeks. After we got back from Utah, it was Thanksgiving week. We took Jaxson to Bass Pro Shop to get pictures with Santa, but the wait was 1.5 hrs ... so we played on the Merry-go-round and other games instead.
Jaxson riding the bear ... rooaaarrrhh

playing a hunting game. I think this picture is just precious!

they had pretty Christmas decorations all over the gigantic store

what Jaxson wants for Christmas ....

Jaxson saying "ROAR" in response to the question, "what does a lion say?"

Our Thanksgiving spread. For Ryan, Jaxson and I, I made ... turkey, turkey gravy, rolls, broccoli salad, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, and stuffing. Yes, we had thanksgiving dinner for a week.


The Monday after Thanksgiving, Julie and Claire came to stay with us for a few days (brian was there for one night too!). We really enjoyed spending time with them! We made sugar cookies to decorate on Monday night --- we didn't get a lot of photos because both Jaxson and Claire were ready for bed! Jax about to take a bit of frosting

The kids drove the car(t) at HEB

We went to the kiddie friendly park a few times and Claire and Jax loved it. Jaxson now points out all the slides in the books he is reading

We went to the bounce house at the mall, but of course Jaxson's favorite thing was the basketball archade game. Notice the ball - he really does have a good shot.

Claire shooting some hoops

Jaxson loved this slide (after we coaxed him a lot to go up it- then he kept saying more!)

We went to the park again .... Love this photo of Jaxson

doing chin ups

Jaxson and Claire thought that getting water squirted into their mouths was the best thing ever. It was pretty fun to watch - they would both open their mouths while the other one was getting water. Julie told Jaxson it was basketball water, so he thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Tortue? Maybe. We thought it would be fun to let the kids walk around the kiddie pool. Reminded me of Waterton lake water. brrrrr. They thought it was pretty fun, until they each feel down and went wide-eyed because it was freezing! So fun.

after falling down. straight to a warm bath...

trying to get one last photo of them. I told Jax to give Claire a hug --- he has been doing this quick side version lately.

Just 2 hours after we dropped Julie & Claire off at the airport, Ryan's parents flew into town for Ryan's grad school graduation. Papa and Jaxson in Santa's big chair

Jaxson wants to ride this everytime we go to HEB. Luckily grandma had 2 quaters for him.

We took Jax to play at McDonalds when it was rainy outside. He thought this piano slide was pretty neat. Actually the whole play place was pretty awesome - let's just say we will be visiting this McDonalds in the future...

We went back to Bass Pro Shop and saw Santa. Is it weird that I am wearing short sleeves, shorts, and flip flops in December? Lucky for me, it has actually cooled down quite a lot this week!

HO HO HO

On Saturday morning, we drove to Austin for Ryan's University of Texas graduation. We are so proud of him and all he has accomplished! He did a great job on his thesis and he has a wonderful job- I appreciate and love him so very much!

Jaxson being silly during the ceremony

Jax thought Ryan's tassel was pretty cool

So proud of all your hard work hunny!

Proud parents

Handsome graduate

Walking to the reception after the ceremony. love my boys!

After our time in Austin, we drove a longer way home. We went though Burnet. Its a small town, but one of the churches there puts on this "Bethlahem" scene. They basically recreate the scene of Bethlahem at the time of Christ's birth. It was so neat to walk around and see everything they did- it was spectacular!
Jaxson petting a goose.

Roman soliders

riding a chariot

petting a camel

the navitity scene. so awesome! I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and what he has done for all mankind. Because of his life and sacrifice for us, all have the ability to repent and live with him and our families again.

Christmas photo

Jaxson likes to put his arm around both Ryan and I (super cute and I love it). Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
2 comments:
So cute! Looks like a lot of fun times :)
wow I want to comment on sooo many pictures so here it goes (hope my memory serves me well!).
for starters I am SO impressed you cooked a turkey and that whole dinner. Ryan is one lucky guy., You really are a great cook and I wish we lived closer by so i could get some great ideas from you. TYhat lion and zebra SOOOO crazy! I thin k it's wrong i mean weird you're in shorts and tshirts seeing santa and by trees. So crazy! LOVE that slide jaxson was going down. Maybe when you guys all have your babies we'll do what julie did and make our rounds and come visit. I know jaxson and talia would LOVe it! congrats to ryan for being done. alright i thinnk that's it oh and we miss you guys!
Post a Comment