Sunday, September 23, 2012

6 Months Old

As of yesterday, Avery is officially 6 months old.  It is crazy to me that she is already half a year old, but I don't remember what it is like to not have 2 kids ... is that weird?  She is such a sweet little girl and we love having her in our family.  I was asked from a family member to tell a bit more about Avery (because we live so far from everyone, she wanted to know more about Avery's personality).

* She is one squirmy girl - she loves to move around and jump.  She gets up on her hands and knee's and rocks back and forth - I am nervous she might start crawling any day.

* She is a Momma's girl.  She will go to other people, but she is constantly looking for me in the room, and lights up when I make eye contact with her and smile (I love it too)

* She laughs up a storm when Jaxson plays with her

* When she is getting upset and about to start crying, she starts saying "Deeeshhh deeesshh" its kinda funny. 

* She has tried sweet potatoes and squash and liked them.  She gagged on the peas (don't blame her really)

* She loves to give me kisses.  She grabs my face, hair, or ears and pulls me in for a big wet smooch.

* She loves chewing on her feet and everything else she can get to her mouth (including paper).

So that's just a bit about our little Avery girl.  Now for some photos .... This was last week before church.  I love having a little baby that actually resembles me (at least more than Jaxson did)

 The other day I was working on etsy stuff on the computer, and I smelt poop.  I asked Jaxson if it was him, and he said no.  Now, even when I know 100% sure Jaxson pooped himself, he tells me he didn't.  So I figured it was him, and waited a couple minutes to change him.  Well, I turned around and found this ....  Yep - it was Avery.  Man, that took me a good 20-30 minutes to bath Avery, clean the toys, etc...  
 Avery at 6 months (this morning).  She is back in her helmet - hope it fixes her head soon and we can be done with it :)


 She loves tummy time (Jaxson hated it).
 She is doing pretty good at sitting on her own (for a little bit at least).

  Some young boy is officially Paci-Free.  We prepped him for a while saying the Paci Fairy was going to come and give him some nerf guns if he gave her his paci's.  Even after 3 weeks of asking him if he was ready to give up his paci's, he said no.  So we finally just took them away and the next morning he had some cool guns to play with (these nerf "jolt" guns are awesome - they shoot so far... we actually bought 3 so Ryan, Jaxson, and I could each play with them at the same time :).  Jax was pretty mad about his paci's for about 2-3 days, but he is over it now.  He didn't sleep as long at night or during his nap during that time, but I his schedule is getting back to normal.  Here is the little guy posing with his new toys.


5 comments:

Erika said...

Beautiful pictures of Avery Jo! I can't believe she is 6 months old! And Jaxson is so handsome! Love y'all!

Lee Harmon Waters said...

Ahhh, Avery is gorgeous! And I died laughing reading that Jaxson gave up his pacifier for Nerf guns...he's 100% boy!

janica said...

avery is soo cute!! and jax is getting so big.

Cam and Rob said...

Awwww. We sure did love looking at these pictures and learning more about Avery's personality. Good job guys!

Amelia said...

Aw! They are growing up! I am excited to have Avery and Addie playing at Christmas. She looks like a sweetheart!