Sunday, September 9, 2012

6 Years and Counting

On August 29th, Ryan and I celebrated our 6th year wedding anniversary!  I love this man so much and am so grateful he is my best friend and companion.  He is the cutest daddy and hubby!  We talked Rhonda in coming out to see us and help us with the kids for a week.  We took full advantage of being able to go out on our own --- went to dinner/lunch a few times, out to a movie, played early-morning basketball, late-night volleyball, and went to the temple.  I really enjoyed being able to spend some time with Ryan. 
"Guh Goh" or so Jaxson says, and the grand kiddo's.  Thank you for coming to see us! We had a blast :)
 Jaxson has been obsessed with shooting bow and arrow's lately (him and ryan play a hunting game on the wii).  So Jaxson has lots of hangers or "bow n' arrows" that he shoots on a daily basis.  His favorite things to shoot are mountain lions, puma's, bears, deer, and buffalo.
 We all went to the zoo after Ryan got off work - we enjoyed it, although it was still way too hot to be outside blahhh...

 flamingo's
 The ant-eater.  He was super cool, reminded us of a sloth (in his movements at least)
 Hippos!  These guys were way cool - we got to see them during their feeding time.  They went up to the window like this and opened their mouths, while the workers dropped food into their mouths.


Yep- Avery now has a helmet (to fix a flat spot on her head).  Hopefully she only has to have it on 3-4 months ... cross your fingers.
 The BIG rhino
 I decided it was about time for Avery to get a taste of the oh-so-delicious rice cereal.  All and all, she did pretty good.  She wasn't gulping it down (like Jaxson did) but she did alright.  Her face kinda tells you what she was thinking...


"What is this stuff?!"
 Jaxson's best friend, Claire, moved away this week, sniff sniff.  We had Claire and Jacquee over on Monday for swimming and a bbq before they left Saturday morning.  These two are so cute together.  Jaxson just lights up when he see's her, and is telling me often that he loves his Claire Bear.


Warning ... these screams are very high-pitched!
 Jax had fun sliding down Guh Goh's air mattress.
 Loves him some jello footballs.  Well, maybe he likes the idea of jello footballs better than actually eating them ... he usually just makes a mess of them.  Either way, he loves it.

 Just a couple more photos of my sweet football player ... I mean girl.  Anyone have any pink BYU or Y stickers?  We wanna put one on the side of her helmet :)

1 comment:

Lee Harmon Waters said...

The helmet with the bow is one of the cutest things...seriously! Sam and I were just looking at it and I thought that Avery looked even cuter, if that's possible! You can't take true cuteness away...even with a helmet!
For my opinion on going private...it depends on who reads your blog. You can install google analytics to get a feel for it. But, I can tell you from experience that my friends with private blogs get much less traffic than the others. A lot of people visit blogs through their phones via an RSS app, so makes looking at private blogs really difficult. Also, even using a computer, I like to look at all my blogs in one place. My few friends that went private, I hardly look at their blogs, because there is nothing to notify me that there are new posts, so I just forget. Then a month or two later, I'll remember to look and there is all this new stuff and I'm sad I missed it.
If you're only keeping a blog for the Grandmas, then it probably won't deter them:) But for friends, it's honestly a pain in the neck to have to visit my friends' private blogs vs. looking through my google reader list.

I would just do a "identity cleanse" where you go through your posts and change any instance of using your full names. You could also change your url (and export your posts over). Then, you could do an identity cleanse. It just seems like unless someone is creepy or threatening, it's not worth it to go private. But that's just my opinion! Good luck deciding :)