Dear Grandma Low,
It saddens me that this will be the last letter I write to you. I am so grateful the last one I sent up, with all of the fun Christmas photos, made it to you in time. Mom read it to you on my birthday just a few short days ago. I am so happy I was able to talk to you on the phone as well, even if you could barely hear me as I was trying to keep my composure. Mom and Dad have been keeping me informed of your declining health and your desire to leave this earthly home. Although I was heart broken when I heard of the news of your passing this morning, I know it is what you really wanted. I am so happy so many of the family were able to see you this weekend and say goodbye. I am sorry I wasn't there. I just want you to know how special you are to me. You have been an amazing example of faith, diligence, and service. I hope someday I can go to the temple 5 times a week and do a session or two, just like you and Grandpa. Thank you for being the best Grandma anyone could ever ask for.
This was December 2010. I have always enjoyed coming to your house and seeing you. Jaxson loved meeting you and playing with your toys too :)
This was Christmas Eve 2012, just 2.5 months ago. We use to always come to your house on Christmas Eve to do the singing and scripture program. The last few years, we have had you and Grandpa come up to our house because our family is just so big now. I thought it was so precious that you and Grandpa were holding hands, I just had to take a photo.
Although Avery met you just a day ago from this photo, she knew you were someone special!
I enjoying coming up to the Lee Crest to see your room and chat with you. I had a feeling it would be the last time I would see you in person. We had a great chat! You are such a sweet lady with a little bit of spunk :) You tell it like it is and I think that is just cute!
I have so many great memories of walking 5 blocks down to your house while growing up. I would LOVE to wear your jewelry (hence the photo) and play dress up. Sometimes we could look at your beanie babies and play the beanie baby game. I loved it when the cousins were over and we would have a giant sleepover. There would be 8 or so of us girls sleeping in the orange room on mattresses. I remember we would be talking for so long, you would bribe us with either money or candy (can't remember) to go to sleep. When you snuck into the room, if we were "sleeping" we would get the reward. I am not sure if we were ever really sleeping - just pretending. You probably knew that didn't you? You always had wheatabix in the cereal cupboard, and a china bowl full of white sugar to pour on top because we knew wheatabix didn't taste very good plain. We use to pick crab apples in your backyard in the summer. You were great about coming to watch me play basketball and cheer for me. I could go on and on. I think I will save it until we chat again in Heaven. I will sure love and miss you as long as I live! I am sure you are already converting people in the Spirit World - you are one great missionary!
One last happy picture. Taken summer 2008. You and Grandpa look so happy and in love. You will see each other again. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation that makes it possible. I am proud to be a descendant of Zelma Low and am so grateful that our family is sealed together for eternity.
Love you Grandma!! Joanie







3 comments:
Sorry for you loss Joanie :(.
I think you can be grateful that you had such an AMAZING grandmother. One of mine passed away before I was born and the other when I was 15 and I seldom saw her and didn't really know her. Reading your sweet memories of her makes me sad that I didn't have a better relationship as you did. You can keep her in your heart and memories and see her again in Heaven :)
Love Amy
I didn't know your grandma, but I can tell she was such a wonderful person. What a beautiful letter you wrote. I'm sure she was so proud to have you as a grand-daughter.
Great memories and photos. She was so amazing and I miss her so much too. Sad for us but thrilled for her. She left quite the legacy, a great example to follow.
Post a Comment