Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween 2014

I love that we are into November already!!  I love the excitement around Christmas time (I know a lot of people get annoyed when Christmas is all around before Thanksgiving ... but not me!!) and the weather is finally cooling off a little bit.  The kids have been loving the Halloween festivities and loved trick or treating at our ward party and again on Halloween night.  The countdown to Baby Harbor #3 is really on - I have approx 3 weeks left (I will most likely schedule my induction tomorrow for Nov 24)!  Here's to catching up on blogging before Baby arrives ...

Just snapped this sweet photo of Ryan and the kids playing a game on the ipad.  Jax and Avery love to sit on his lap (and climb all over him) when he comes home from work. 
Ryan had been playing basketball in a city league and even though many of the games were later than I wanted the kids awake, I tried to go whenever I could.  It's funny how much anxiety the games give me ... I am sure when my kids are older and playing, I will be the crazy mom in the stands.  The kids liked to cheer for their Daddy  and were often yelling "hi daddy" in the middle of his games.

Playing dress up.  Iron woman & Spider man.
Role reversal. Spider Lady and Iron Man.
Ryan & his friend took Jaxson on a fun guy trip last weekend.  Jaxson loved shooting the gun and hiding in the hunting box.



Trunk or Treat night. Mario & a Pumpkin Princess

I think his mustache is a bit too big.  Guess we should have trimmed it (he only wore it for the picture - I don't blame him!).  Ryan and I had a disagreement though ... Is Jaxson's mustache on correctly or should it be flipped 180 degrees to be the real Mario?

Love that Avery actually smiles for photos now and I wish I had her skin coloring!
Donut eating contest ... Jax might have used his hands a bit...

pumpkin broom ball

They got quite the load from the Trunk or Treat
Next Halloween activity ... pumpkin carving. The kids actually didn't like touching the insides and thought it was gross - especially Jaxson.


The final result.  A ghost (picked by Ryan), General Grievous from Star Wars (picked by Jaxson), and Minnie (picked by Avery).
Avery showing off some of the cute apple themed art work she made in preschool. 
Another Halloween activity:  Decorating sugar cookies.  I think the kids just liked eating the candy more than decorating, but at least they enjoyed it!


Ryan caught me mid bite of my cookie.

Halloween Day ... our pre trick or treating dinner. Mummy dogs, jello brain, and Frankenstein pudding cups.


Pure joy right??
Take 2 on the mustache.  He only wore it for about 2 minutes this time.
This cutie was ready to go and insisted on holding her bucket the whole time even after it got really heavy.


Yesterday, Jaxson tested for his orange belt at Tae Kwon Do.  He did a great job and passed.  This is his instructor presenting him with his belt.  Way to go buddy!!
Jaxson posting with his new belt alongside his best cheerleader!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Loved the pictures! Looks like it was a fun month! Love y'all!