Sunday, December 21, 2014

December 2014

I can't believe Christmas is almost here.  The kids and I have enjoyed counting down the days until Santa arrives.  We have been enjoying this month with our new baby and trying to make the most of each day.  Here is what we have been up to in the past week and a half. 

Jaxson and Avery love to crowd Griffin and smoother him
My Mom came and helped us out for a week and really appreciated all she did for us.  While she was here, we went to the zoo for a fun outing. 



Avery and Grandma collecting giant leaves.

We also  took the train ride around downtown
We took a quick pit stop at the park before jumping back on the train back to the zoo.
Thanks for all your help Mom!
Jaxson and Avery love to take baths.  They were pretty excited to help Griffin take a bath too.
Classic football stretch.
Jaxson and Avery had their Preschool Christmas program.  Jaxson was Joseph and Avery was an angel.
This was while Avery was walking towards the stage.  Her face brightened and she said, "That's my Mommy & Daddy!"
She kept waving to us - I loved it and thought it was adorable.

Jaxson as Joseph
A star in the making ... jokes :)  He did a great job though and I was so proud of both kids for singing their songs so well.



Jaxson jumping up and down after he found out the after program treat was cookies & lemonade in the hallway :)

Avery laying on Griffin's blanket practicing tummy time.
I just love me a sleeping baby!
Jaxson and Avery had a Polar Express PJ party their last day of preschool before the break. They had such a fun time!  It makes me so grateful for their wonderful and caring teachers at school - they really love the kids and I appreciate what they do for Jaxson and Avery!
Yesterday we went to see Santa and do some holiday shopping.  Avery loved the big nutcracker
I love seeing Santa photos because the kids always seem to make funny faces.  Example ... look at Avery.  Honestly, I don't know how I would feel sitting on a strangers lap too. Jaxson didn't want to sit on Santa's lap (he admitted it was because he knows he hasn't been a super obedient boy lately and was scared to face the boss...)
What does Jaxson want most this year?  A suitcase. I am not kidding.
The official photo we received from Bass Pro Shop. I think I like the one Ryan snapped better.  You might also ask why I didn't let Santa hold Griffin.  Two words - stranger & germaphobe. 
This was Griffin's first day at church.  I went for Sacrament meeting because I always love the meeting just before Christmas and I miss singing the Christmas hymns. It was great meeting and I am glad we were in the back corner where no one could attack Griffin :)
Merry Christmas!  Love the Harbors

No comments: