I just love Christmas!! It is my favorite holiday by far and I feel like I am always looking forward to this time of the year. This was our first year at home by ourselves, so it was a bit of a different experience for us. Unfortunately, we each took our turns not feeling well, but I think we are almost in the clear now (after a long 2 weeks!). Despite not feeling the best, it was great to be able to spend so much time together with our little family!
We had this cute little Santa's hat from when Jaxson was born. Jaxson was never able to fit into it because by the time it was his 1st Christmas, he was 5 days shy of being 1. Griffin got some good use out of it though!
Snuggling with Daddy.
Proud big brotherWe made one last trip to Sea World while our passes were still good. My favorite part was the candy cane forest.
Big bird is cool, but look at the sky- so pretty!!
Avery watching the Sesame Street show from daddy's shoulders. Another beautiful look at the sky.
Thanks Sea World, it was fun visiting you this year!
Jaxson & Ryan thought it would be funny to let Griffin hold the nun-chucks. Love that concentration.
This photo turned out a bit better in my head - I think I should have attempted it while he was a bit younger instead of at 1 month. Still think its cute though!
Christmas eve was finally here! It didn't quite pan out the way we were expecting though. I made a huge feast of finger foods - bratwurst, smokies, sausage spinach dip, veggie tray, fruit tray etc. Ryan and Jaxson we both not feeling as well as normal, so it was basically me eating it - and there was A LOT of food. Ryan even took Jaxson into the urgent care to get some flu medicine, so they didn't get home until 10:30 or so. Not the way we wanted to spend Christmas Eve night. At least we got a few fun activities in before all of that happened. The kids loved their new game "don't break the ice."
Here is the dessert tray we had ... white chocolate pretzels, peanut m&m's, s'mores peanut butter cookie bars, muddy buddies, and white chocolate oreos. Once again, it was me who eventually ate this all (not all in one night of course)
Christmas Pj's! Ryan, Griffin, and I all got some too but didn't put them on in time for the photo.
Leaving a plate of cookies for Santa. Nice smile Avery!
Griffin wasn't too happy when I made him wear the Santa hat again. Cute Christmas pj's though!
Lightsaber fight in the morning. The kids were very excited Santa came and visited!
There, much better after a good night sleep. Or maybe it was because I didn't put the hat on again.
Santa even brought Griffin some toys!
Jaxson's favorite gift. A suitcase. He likes to stuff it full of toys, books, and blankets so that he is ready for vacation. We keep telling him we aren't going on vacation anytime soon, but he still loves to have it packed n' ready, just in case.
Griffin got some wrist rattles from Jaxson & Avery.
Showing off some of our new clothes.
Puzzles!
Princess dress up clothes.
BYU football gear.
Love it when he snuggles up and falls alseep!
Fresh out of the bathtub. Thank you Aunt Amelia for the cute towel!
Jaxson turned 5 years old on December 30th. We started out the morning with monkey bread and juice boxes.
Jaxson wanted to eat at Arby's for lunch. Good choice buddy! Next was chuck e cheese - I didn't get a photos because I was nursing Griffin in the car the whole time.
Cinnamon Roll Birthday Cake - yum! Happy Birthday sweet boy! Jaxson is our very friendly boy who loves to make friends. He isn't shy to say hi to anyone or ask if they want to play. He is smart and has an amazing memory. If you ever ask him to race, he will tell you he is "faster than a speeding bullet" but will happily race you anyway! He is quite athletic and coordinated and is one of the loudest boys around (sometimes I wonder if we need to check his hearing lol). We love you Jaxson!
Yesterday we had an informal birthday party at the park for Jaxson. Donuts, juice, and sunshine - the kids loved it.
Avery loved playing in the sand with her buddy Bryan.
The three amigos - Henry, Wyatt, and Jaxson
Just another cute photo of Griffin - I can't get enough of him.





No comments:
Post a Comment