Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Life in Austin

Well, I am not going to lie .... I have been pretty bored latley! Ryan has been super busy at work/school. Last night he got home around 10, and tonight he will get here around 10:30. On top of that, he always leaves early in the morning (somtimes at 6). Needless to say, I really miss him. I am so grateful for him still going to school and working for our family. He is a great man & provider for Me & Jaxson.


Usually my day goes like this.... wake up & feed Jaxson (usually later morning around 10 ish because I need to catch up on sleep from the previous night). Take Jaxson to the gym and either lift weights or do cardio (sometimes both). Come home, shower, & do random things around the house. I love to cook & eat ... so it is hard for me right now. I am trying to the extra baby weight I gained, but when I am bored and the kitchen is right next to me, it is so hard. What do you do to avoid over eating? snacking? It would be nice if I were closer to family to go hang out with, but Austin is where we need to be right now. Any advice on my bordem? how to not over-eat?


Jaxson just had his 2 month check up. He is 24" long (in the 88 percentile), 12 lbs 7 oz (75%), and 39.5 cm head (30%). You may think, wow he has a small head, but both Ry and I really thing it looks proportional.


Here is me & Jaxson on Sunday. I love this onesie because it says "I love mommy." I need a shirt that says "I love my baby."
I also love this photo. It speaks "eat your heart out ladies" to me. What a little stud!


This little outfit (thanks Erika) says "Sports star, like my Daddy" Love it! and so true :)


It is fun to watch my little guy sleep. He looks so peaceful.

I went to a lady's house in the ward for a "new mommies" lunch. Here is little Jaxson with the other fairly newborns. From left to right, they are approximatley 5 months, 4 months, 4 months, 2 months.
Wild hair & chubby cheeks! thats my boy :)
So we finally got a little smiling out of Jaxson on the camera, however we took it the wrong way! Sorry but you will have to tilt your head... hope it doesn't give you a sore neck!

4 comments:

Kamry Low said...

He's getting cuter and cuter! I know what you mean about the kitchen thuogh... just right there! if yuo find a solution let me know! getting out and stuff is good for boredom but just remember your new best friend (not including ryan) is now jaxson haha i end up talking to talia more of the day. can't wait till it's nice here to go on walks!

Anonymous said...

I am not very good at this but I am working on it (snacking). If ever I get a sugar craving I chew a fruity piece of gum and sometimes it works. I have also heard that when you feel hungry its really just thirst. I try to drink a big glass of water before I eat. Left over baby weight is the worst!

kimmalee said...

Oh I love the picture of him all wrapped up and sleeping. I feel you on the eating urges and boredom. Glenn's gone all day too and it is hard to be away from family. I think I've got the hang of our schedule now but it does take a while to feel like your days are still full when you look back and think, "What did I do all day? Oh yeah, I took care of the babe...all day." It's a big change. At least you know it's not just you, right?! Hey call if you want to do something sometime.

Amelia said...

That sleeping picture is so cute. :) What a little man. We wish you lived closer too. That would be fun. My advice, just eat it. Eat all you want! :) Just kidding. I don't know. I get SO BORED all the time too, but getting out really is the trick. Or start some project or puzzle or read...something to pass the time and keep your mind occupied. You could "close" your kitchen for certain time frames. Like from 12:30 -4 the kitchen is closed. My sister in law does that with her kids and it works for them. I don't know! Good luck! Kimmalee is right...it's not only you! We all know how you feel!