3 years ago
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Texas State Fair
Yesterday we drove 3 hours to Dallas for the State Fair. I haven't ever been to a fair (I know, deprived right?) so I was super oober excited to go. We left at 5 am! We make it to the fair a little after it opens at 8am, and it was pretty deserted! haha, oops! It was actually nice to walk around and get situated before everything got crazy.
This man was giant!
My favorite part of the fair was the petting zoo. I think I was having more fun than all the little kids running around petting animals. I was running around too, I am just a bigger kid.
Yes this is a big camel. awesome!
Of course, I love giraffes. Maybe one day I will have one as a pet!

By the pig pen - these pigglets were cute! I wish we could have watched the pigglet races, but they were later at night and we were there in the morning. Oh well, next time!
Jaxson, our little piglet.
After washing our hands about 3 times, we went to go get a snack. These beautiful morsels are deep friend cookie dough. Yes, that is correct. Heaven on a stick! Actually, they were pretty good, but after I snarfed them down, I didn't feel so good for about 2 hours (but then I wanted more --- I guess its a love/hate relationship?)
We went back to the petting zoo b/c it was so cool. Ryan was super brave to feed them -- they peck pretty hard at the food. There was a sign that said "we are not responsible for accidents." I guess it is a deterent for the faint hearted.
HAHA. I imagine this is how many moms feel -- drained of energy b/c they have tons of kids. My favorite part of this picture is that the runt is sitting on another sibling to nurse.
Ryan with the Kangaroo --- it was so cute!
Jaxson loved looking at all the goats and chickens. I love the way he is standing!

OOO a goat!


Super cool pumpkin carving - Just like on food network!
This is in the green house - tons of pretty plants!
We also went into a butterfly exhibit. It was a big room with lots of plants and butterflies flying around. These blue ones were our favorites!
Ryan teaching Jaxson about butterflies with his copious amounts of knowledge on the subject.
Ryan purchased a giant turkey leg!
and he likes it. He was rather full when he was finished, and if you knew Ryan, that is saying a lot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
that fair looks wicked!!!! good for you for going. Looked well worth it. I think the three hour drive would have scared me a litte!
yuo look great in your photo with the cookie dough stuff, and i can't believe jaxson fell asleep out in the open, on the cement like that! that's awesmoe!
Wow, what a fun day! I'm impressed that Jaxson (and you guys)survived such a long day. I bet the Texas fair is awesome!
How fun! Crazy they had a giraffe there! Just for you! :) I would have been SO scared of those ostrichs. They are CREEPY! Those eyes and eyelashes...and big scary beaks...the way they walk. YIKES! Your hair is getting so long by the way! And I love your purple shoes...I have those ones too! HA!
That was a super fun fair wasn't it? I totally want to go again next year. I can't believe I missed the fried cookie dough! I love the picture of Jackson looking at the huge goat head just a couple feet away. Such a cute little guy. So cool that you got to feed the giraffe! They're my favorite as well.
Awesome pictures!! I love your commentary as well. I laughed at the thought of you running around petting the animals too. Jaxson is at such a fun age for it too. Claire didn't quite "get" what animals were are our State Fair. Next year :) Definately love the fried state fair food :) Way to be adventurous!
Post a Comment