Wednesday, December 2, 2009

American Thanksgiving in Canada

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving break this past week. I was able to fly to Canada and spend a whole week up there! It was great to see my family :) Here is a bunch of pictures from the trip.

This is my wonderful mother and my niece Kate. It was Alumni weekend in Cardston. This is where all the people who played high school basketball for Cardston come back and play in a big tournament. I had 4 brothers and a sister playing in the tournament --- so we watched A LOT of games. The bleachers are definitly not soft, but I think I have recovered by now. It was also a nice change not to be playing in the tournament myself -- watching was much more relaxing (I have always gotten nervous before playing basketball).


This is part of my family that was home for thanksgiving. Starting on the left is my older brother Richard, then Karen my younger sister, myself (thanks for the black dress Momma H!), my father, then my older brothers Justin & Jason. My mom and younger bro Dallin were at the church ... and Julie couldn't make it (she's in Wisconsin) & Robbie is on his mission in California.

These are my cute nieces Kate & Kara. They are Justin & Amelia's kids. It was a lot of fun to play with them and their cute personalities.


Justin and his oldest boy Zach. He was also a fun guy to play with. He wasn't very happy here because they were about to leave. Congrats again Justin for getting MVP of the Alumni tournament (his and Richard's team won the whole thing).

Holding Kate at the game. She loved to dance when the music came on -- and she pulls some pretty awesome faces!


The girls watching the game. On the left is my sister-in-law Leslie (Richard's wife), younger but taller sister Karen, me, and sisters-in-law Kamry (Jason's wife) and Amelia (Justin's wife)


Karen and I watching the basketball game. She is one of my best friends -- Love you Karen!!



This is the newest grandbaby. Kamry and Jason added Talia to the family about 2 months ago. She is such a cute and cooperative baby --- hope baby Harbor is just as good :)


Here is my dad holding baby Talia. He is really good with kids .... he had 8 to practice on.


A cute picture of Talia and her Mom Kamry. I love Talia's outfit! Talia is getting ready to stretch (she puts her arms above her head) ... they like to call her Touchdown Talia ... too cute!



This is the best picture from my baby shower .... Amelia you look great, so I thought I would post it. I didn't get a lot of pictures from the shower, and the ones we did get, I looked like the good-year blimp, so I decided not to post them. I will post a 36 week photo on Sunday when I am 36 weeks. Thanks for putting on the shower for me Mom, Amelia, Kamry, Leslie, and Karen -- love you all!


So I gave Zach a present -- a candy filled candy cane ... he didn't seem too interested in the candy -- but he liked the cane part of it -- too funny!

This is my Grandma French (Mom's mom). She was always at my basketball games cheering me on -- it was great to get to see her this past week. Love you Grandma!

Zach after opening his present. So if you haven't noticed, the pictures are way out of order and are very random. If you have any advice on how to organize them, please let me know -- I just upload them, and they are just wherever ... I need blogging help.


I also got to have lunch with and visit my Grandma and Grandpa Low. We also went and did a session at the temple together. It was great to catch up with them -- Love you guys!!

In case you didn't notice, I did get a haircut while I was up in Canada. I am still debating on whether I like the bangs --- they can get pretty annoying, but other times I like them. Oh well, guess I am stuck with them for a while eh?! Well that concludes my trip to Canada -- It was a fun fun time, but I am glad to be back with my best friend Ry Ry :) Love you Hunny!!

5 comments:

Jsquared team said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna said...

Hey Joanie! So fun that you were able to spend some quality time with your family up in Canada! That's cool to see how Justin and Amelia's family has grown, wasn't she pregnant with Zach when we all played vball together?? AND now she has two more girls?? so cute. crazy how time flies! Well, I think you look soo good, even for being 36 weeks pregnant and you definately can pull the bangs off and look great both ways :) Hope you guys are doing well too! (Sorry the post was being funky and so I had to post twice...)

Jenna said...

P.S. I was meaning to tell you that we kept the tradition of "Ballas" intramural volleyball in honor of you and our previous years, we wished you could have played with again, but we know you are enjoying life in Texas now, but we still were thinking of you! On another note, Katelyn surprisingly came at 37 weeks...and so little baby harbor could practically come anytime now...lol...so good luck with everything! We are so excited for you both! Hope you have a great Christmas as well!

Julie said...

Looks like it was such a fun trip! I wish I could have been there to play with you all. Thanks for posting the picts!

Cammie said...

just want to say i really like the bangs. :) looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!