Thursday, October 15, 2009

*Texas Football*


Ryan and I at the Texas vs. Colorado football game last saturday. After we left (end of the 3rd quarter) Texas actually decided to play and dominate (good or they would have dropped a lot in the rankings). I really enjoyed this game with Ryan. It was nice and cool outside & I even needed a jacket!! A few weeks ago we went to another football game and could only make it though half of the game. It was at least 90 degrees outside, and we were way to be hot out in the sun that long.


I actually prefered to be way up in the stands like this. For one thing, you can sit down and still see the game. When you are up closer, you have to stand or all you see is the person's tush in front of you. I also liked our seats because we were on the side line and I like that view better than in the endzone.



This stadium is pretty big. If I remember correctly, I think it seats about 100,000 people (40,000 more than BYU's stadium). It also takes a long time to hike up all the ramps to get to the top like this! Wish I was in better shape.

This is downtown Austin from the stadium. It looked really pretty when it got dark outside and everything was lit up. I forgot my camera, so these pictures are taken from my phone (and my phone can't take pics far away because there is no night version or flash). Maybe one day I will remember my camera and get you all a great picture. Austin really is a pretty place (compared to the other parts of Texas we have driven though :)

2 comments:

Truman & Amy said...

Hi Joanie!!! Oh my gosh, it should be illegal to look that cute while pregnant! You seriously are like so cute!!! I miss you too! Where is my person with all the ideas and talents?? haha.
It looks like you guys are having so much fun out there. I ready the story of how you guys met and I love it haha, so funny! I had never heard it before.
The baby's room looks so cute, I love little animal stuff like that too, totally darling! I love what you have done with it, and polka dots are always so cute in baby's rooms.
The saying on the wall is so precious too, you guys seem so excited, you are going to be such a good mom!
keep in touch!

Love Amy ;)

The Tidwell Blog said...

Joanie! Oh my goodness! You are absolutely adorable! I am so sorry that I couldn't make it to your shower. I was so sad! We would love to see you guys sometime though. I hope you don't mind I stole your blog address off the Church's blog. I just had to! You guys are so cute and we are so excited for you to have your little man! They are so much fun! We know you guys will just love it, and he will love you! Well, keep it touch for sure! Our blog is kitidwell.blogspot.com. Take a gander!
Love, Katie