Tuesday, October 4, 2011

South Carolina Trip

Last week, Ryan went to Utah for work, so Jaxson and I decided we would go see Ryan's parents in South Carolina. It was a fun trip and we got to see a lot of rain! (which is a big deal right now, since Texas has been having major droughts!). Here are some pics of the trip (in a random order...)

Jaxson playing basketball out in the yard. He was passing the ball to Grandma - who was also taking the picture. He has a good arm!
Running out and meeting Great-Grandma.
Begging to go outside and play basketball. One day, we'll have our own little basketball area outside so he can play all day. And he is wearing grandma's basketball shoes. Jaxson associates anything Nike with Basketball. He recognizes the symbol and shouts "basketball!" whenever he sees it.

Playing blocks with Grandpa.

Singing and playing the piano. Whenever we ask Jaxson to sing, he says "LA la la la" - its pretty cute. Especially during sacrament meeting & when he is singing really loud. haha

Trying out the new golf set. He would swing those clubs very hard - and not in a golf way. He would just swing and wack at the ball (in all directions) until he hit it. We had to be a good distance away from him so we wouldn't get hit.

Playing in this awesome train toy.

Ah the life. Toys, Tv, Food ...

Playing on Great Grandma's lap -- cute picture of them!

Jax thought this little bike outside was awesome. In a few more months, he will probably be able to petal himself!

In the meantime, I will push him...

This kid is pretty smart with his knowledge of balls. If you give him a soccer ball, he kicks it. A football, he throws it or if you hold it for him, he kicks it. A basketball, he shoots it.

Chalk in the backyard.

Fun time with the Grandma's!

Jaxson loves animals -- esp. dogs and cats. He thought feeding Puddley treats was a hoot.



We went to a fun inflatable play place which Jax normally loves, but once he saw the archade basketball game, he wouldn't really go on the inflatables unless we dragged him in there. I even bribed him with taking on of the basketballs from the game and throwing it into the inflatables. Didn't work as well as I had hoped...

Grandma trying to keep him jumping. He wanted the basketball game.

Grandpa took him down the slide

Ok the basketball game. Jaxson did really well -- usually scoring about 7 out of 8, AND the basketball hoop was moving side to side. We had people stop and watch because he was doing so good.

We also went to the zoo. Here is a picture of one of my favorite animals there .... next time I will have to feed them.

But we did feed the lorokeets. Jax was kinda scared of them - probably because if you try and touch them, they snap at you.

Jaxson thought milking this cow was pretty cool. He loves to say the MOOOOO sound.

goats

He loves washing his hands. Which is a good thing. But, when he runs the water and just plays in it, it drives me insane. Biologists hate wasting water ....being silly



What a poser! haha, I love it. Jax thought this gorilla was funny -- he was doing poses just like him.




Brave kid. It's hard to tell, but the gorilla is actually facing the camera. I went right up face to face with the gorilla ... after 2 seconds I had to back away because I was scared he was going to punch the glass or something ...

Picture for Ryan. He likes the crocs/aligartors. Jax is trying to feed the gator some water - how nice.

trying to pose by the bears ... Jax wanted to pop my cheeks instead.

keeping the animals hydrated again

Jaxson's first taste of cotton candy (I think). He liked it, but not as much as I thought he would. I didn't mind, I just ate the whole bag :)

Helping to get ready for the day.

getting some yummy frozen yogert

crazy rain storm the day before we left

Just a taste of Jaxon's dancing abilities. We will try and get a better photo soon.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Loved the dance video! So cute :) I am glad ya'll had a fun time!

Amelia said...

Looks like a great trip! He is a fun boy. I love the pictures and would have seriously been scared at the gorilla one. YIKES! A big daddy gorilla staring right at you?!!! Ah! And that boy and basketball...he is going to be a star!!