Sunday, October 25, 2009

Temple Trip to S.A.

Ryan and I decided to take a trip to the San Antonio Temple yesterday. We did an endownment session and really loved it. It was nice and cool in the rooms, so that is always a plus for both of us. It took us almost 2 hours to get to the temple from our house. We definitly are not use to that! Growing up, the temple was 3 blocks from my house. In Provo, we could drive to the temple in 10 minutes tops. Since being married, Ryan and I have attended the temple once a month ... until we moved here. Now it is a "bigger deal" to take a trip down there, but I think it will make us realize how much we love going to the temple and what a blessing it is in our lives. When the baby arrives, it will be an even bigger challenge to make it to the temple, but we are both willing to do what we can to still attend as much as we can. The temple is an amazing place and I am so grateful for the covenants Ryan and I have made to each other. I can't wait to spend eternity with my amazing husband!

I thought the Moroni statue on the top was quite big compared to ones I have seen on other temples. I liked it! This temple is a smaller one, and it was built in 2005.

So Ryan and I were taking pictures of ourselves in front of the temple, you know the one where Ryan holds it as fas away as possible, and we get a shot of our heads? Well a lady stopped us and asked if she would like one with both of us. We said that would be great. The first picture she took was all us, and no background. Then she was like, "Oh, did you want the temple in the background?" Just thought that was a slightly funny question.


Baby Harbor is really growing! At our last ultrasound, he was in the 59th percentile of how babys at this stage of pregnancy. So for right now he is average, but I am thinking that might change in the next ten weeks.


This is the picture we got before the lady helped us get one of us .... and the temple! :)



3 comments:

Julie said...

What a great trip! We have to go about an hour and a half to get to our temple, but like you said, it's worth it. I like to remember that there are still lots of Saints who have to travel a lot farther than that!

Dane and Jessica said...

Joanie!!! I'm SOOOO excited that you found our blog so that we can keep in touch!! I can't believe you are having a baby and how cute you look!! I'm so excited for you guys

R and B Steed said...

That temple is pretty sweet eh? We loved going there. We too made the same commitment to go to the temple once a month and living in Harlingen it took 4 hours so it was tuff but so worth it. Those pictures of the temple really brought me back to good ole Texas life..thanks