Friday, May 27, 2011

Polynesian Cultural Center

On Thursday, we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center in Laie. It is always a highlight for me. I love seeing the different cultures and shows.

This is at the Samoa village. Lee got called up on stage to drink some coconut water.
We decided to take a photo with the funny samoan guy while we waited to eat the samoan food (they cooked it on top of the ground, but covered in leaves and other things ... i guess it is a lot faster than cooking it below groud like some of the other villages do).

This is the canoe pagent - Tahitian dancers. I have always thought it was so cool how they can swing their hips constantly and make those pom pom things just fly. haha

The New Zealand canoe. The girl on the far left was awesome at making the scary haka faces. The other girls -- not scary at all. But that skinny left one, nope wouldn't wanna get in a fight with that girl! The Fiji canoe. Just a shot out to my Fijian friends - Vee, Tina, and Livini


My favorite show was at the Tongan Village. They were hilarious! This is the main guy who taught some of the audience members how to play the drums (Ryan did it last time we were there). awesome!



We tried out luck at throwing spears. They were similar (lighter for sure) to javelins and we had to throw it a ways and get it to stick in the ground in a hula hoop. We were all decent at it with Lee getting the closest to the hoop. scary eh?


reminds me of night at the museum ... me no dumb dumb, I want gum gum

Just to be annoying, I grabbed the camera and secretly followed Jordan around to snap a photo of him when he saw me. Results, amazing! I think they need to start an America's Next Top Male Model show, and we can submit this photo for Jordan to try out. I would like to take all the credit cuz I took the photo, but it's his face and thats what makes the photo, right?! :)

Jaxson was having fun walking around and going up and down the steps.

1 comment:

Drumsofpolynesia said...

Great post,I was checking constantly this blog and i am impressed, after all very useful info
speciifically the last part.I care for such information much,I was seeking this certain
information for a long time,thank you again and again.
regards
polynesian cultural