Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sharks Cove & Turtle Beach

We spent a lot of time at Sharks Cove - it is the best snorkling I have ever done. The fish are everywhere and they are so beautiful. We went back at least 3 times (it was about 10 minutes from the house) and it was really awesome b/c there are shallow areas for Jaxson to play in. He loved splashing!

Jaxson and his aunty Erika
and with Grandma. He loved throwing that rock in the water over and over
some of the fishies

it is seriously so cool to be surrounded by hundreds of these fishies!





There is a cool shallow cave that Ryan swam through

another cool fish. Do you know Gil from Finding Nemo? Well, I saw him(s) a few times swimming around too. I didn't get a picture of my favorite fish, but it was completly neon blue, orange, pink, yellow, and green. so cool.


This fishes scales reminds me of that childrens book of the rainbow fish with the shiny silver scales (do you know what I am talking about?)



He loves the water. we actually often joke about he is a fish (we have taken him swimming hte past 3 days in a row)

my boys



so it is fun to play around in the water, but you have to be careful because these corals/rocks are SO sharp!



having fun

the salt water didn't even phase him. like i said, he's a fish!

Ry and I swam out a big and found this guy- an eel! the yellow part is his face, you can see his eye on the lower left side. scary! Ryan got too close and it hissed at him haha

At sharks cove. JOKES. there is no way I would be swimming if this was in the water near me. Ryan, Erika, and Jordan went on a "shark cage adventure" where they drove a few miles off the coast, and went in a cage to observe the sharks. too scary for me! this picture actually has a baracuda in the background, it is right by the sharks end fin.

We also liked going to turtle beach. It isn't near as good for snorkling for fish, but it is cool to snorkle with turtles! They even come up on the beach and sit in the sun for a while.

Isn't he so cute?!

I think these turtles are so neat!





Jax splahing around and loving the water


No comments: